Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smiteless

Creator: Ilynx August 22, 2013 9:27pm
13 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Ilynx
<Member>
Ilynx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 9:27pm | Report
I am a Jungler mainly, and in the past few games I have played, I have been greatly criticized for not going smiteless. I even had an entire team not leash for me because of it (I was playing Maokai). Setting terms here (correct me if i'm wrong), going smiteless is the process of not using smite on the opening buff and either taking a buff of an enemy player or your other buff as fast as possible. I just wish to know what are the benefits of not using smite and which champions should I go smiteless on.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 9:29pm | Report
Go smiteless on pretty much everyone. Mostly because it allows you to contest your own buff if need be, or just go steal theirs away. It barely takes any extra time at all.
True love is found only in yourself.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 9:41pm | Report
Smiteless on everyone.

Always smiteless first buff --> Second buff --> gank / farm small camps

There's no reason not to.
mobafox
<Member>
mobafox's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 11:20pm | Report
I would smiteless 1st buff so I instant run to 2nd buff and smite it before someone decides steal it. The only reason i smite 1st buff is if someone is going to invade/steal or no one help leash for me.

This helps you get to lvl 3 more faster and more health & mana to continue farming in jungle or even gank more effectively.
haxxson
<Member>
haxxson's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 11:25pm | Report
Yeah, I expect a smiteless at this point. Smite is a cooldown like anything else and when your abilities are up you have more options. Also smiteless means better clear time because you are letting your team do the smite damage for you.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 11:57pm | Report
Smiteless for first buff almost always now.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 12:16am | Report
If you want to play anything else then bronze/silver I suggest that you start doing smiteless first buff run straight to second buff after, smite it and gank.

Good idea if you don't want to invade. Decide before the minion spawns which lane you'd like to gank first, always try to gank the lane with best kill potential for firstblood, and start either blue or red depending on which lane you're planning to gank.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 12:31am | Report
Smiteless is better because it means your smite is instantly available for your next buff so you can take it straight away without having to do any small camps in between. Even if you don't intend to gank right after doing your 2nd buff, it means the enemy jungler has less time to try and steal your buff, and both your buffs will be up at nearly the same time later on.

You do smiteless on absolutely everyone. No exceptions. There's no reason not to do it.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 6:11pm | Report
the only reason to use smite on the first buff is if your team does not give you a leash, or if you have your mid or top lane not fall back after leashing and they try to steal it, Happens to me rarely but it sucks when you don't get first buff due to your team not knowing how to leash, but other then that you want smiteless every time
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 10:49pm | Report
I'll settle this.

You always do smiteless on your first buff. It protects you from invades on your next buff. You don't need 4 people to leash for you. Mid shouldn't get to lane late. Try starting whatever buff your bot lane is closest to for the largest leash possible.

As soon as you get your first buff (smiteless) hustle to your next buff and take it down w/ smite. DO NOT farm a small camp in between the first buff and the 2nd buff. The reason for this is you want your smite to come up as fast as possible and you don't want the enemy jungler to have time to come get your other buff. Once you have both buffs you can gank or farm small camps.

-Lasty
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide