Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Solo Queue Teamwork

Creator: Trojan995 November 25, 2010 11:55pm
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2010 11:55pm | Report
I was just playing a normal solo queue game as kennen. I was doing pretty well, but an evelynn on my team insisted that I step off some of my DPS as enemies get weaker so she could get fed and we could win. I actually didn't have a problem with that, but I didn't think it could be properly coordinated without ventrilo or other voice chat programs. This evelynn seemed pretty angry (despite going 7-4), but it got me thinking. What strategies, maneuvers, etc. do you think can be performed without ventrilo, and which ones absolutely require voice chat or other really high-speed communication to effectively execute?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 12:03am | Report
Only the real basic ones that can be typed fast or understood through pinging. For examples ,"ambush" for one and pinging a target for a gank. The more complex ones that require Vent are surrounding an enemy or understanding who should get what buff and when. I'm sure there's more but those are some examples off the top of my head.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 4:06pm | Report
Do not solo queue!

And poof problem is gone
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 5:15pm | Report
Solo Queue = Bane of all existence. At least for ranked.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 5:29pm | Report
It's impossible to help change one's playstyle mid-game through text because if someone's running out in the middle of the road chances are they'll just say "**** YOU I PLAY HOW I WANT" because it's solo queue. I say it's hard to convey many things at the right speed as you can with voice, etc.etc.

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2010 9:18pm | Report
It's good to have a champ that can hold their own. Such as grabbing Janna for a solo que would not be a good idea because you can't rely on your allies for proper support. As already said, don't solo que. :P

Oh yeah, and during the loading you can discuss champion selection of other team, where you can't talk about anything without verbal communication.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2010 2:57am | Report
Prove to the team you know what you are doing and that you can do it well

Co-ordinate and don't mess up

After that lots of pinging and super fast typing will win you games

I've been playing Jungle Rammus recently in Normal games and can set up a gank simply by sitting in a bush, pinging then starting my powerball. You have to be an idiot to not see what Im up to
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide