Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Some info on upcoming champ

Creator: Anandre February 8, 2012 9:35am
1 2 3 4 5
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 1:41pm | Report
NinjaGinge wrote:

good god im glad im not the only one thinking this

i never say anyone is op. because they aren't.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 2:07pm | Report

Your Cynicism is over powering. If it's just another "boring champ" then you can feel free to stop playing LoL. No one's forcing you to play....

i would rather them release a new champion every 3 weeks or every month if they could come up with a more original idea.

I remember when champions like Xin Zhao, Cassiopeia, Nocturne, Maokai, etc. came out. They were new and really exciting ideas, these new champions are just remakes and combinations of old champions with somewhat new abilities.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Meh, I have my hopes, atm Riot is really playing with the mechanics of the game, Physic mechanic on Ziggs, those 3 balls around Ahri mechanic. Atleast they try to expand that, that is cool.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 2:36pm | Report
PUDGE IS COMING!!!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 3:22pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

i would rather them release a new champion every 3 weeks or every month if they could come up with a more original idea.

I remember when champions like Xin Zhao, Cassiopeia, Nocturne, Maokai, etc. came out. They were new and really exciting ideas, these new champions are just remakes and combinations of old champions with somewhat new abilities.

Its not that they don't have multiple ideas on the table. They do. But some champs are more ready than others. There are only so many mechanics that can be used or developed before all the viable non op ones run dry. I can understand your outcry for more original champs but not every champion can be new and different. There's always going to be some overlap because the basic mechanic of say a skill shot is the same. The basic concept of a targeted or on hit ability are the same....and then multiply those options by the number of affects available. Eventually you'll run out of options or create an ability that's too op. We'll get originality when the platform or capabilities of lol's engine and or staff improves.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 4:24pm | Report
Still, there are many "original" everyone can think of.
It's less that LoL reached the limit for genuine ideas, but more of a rnd-generator with "sounds good -> do it" output.

And sometimes they will discard some totally awesome authentic ideas since they cant implement them without major trouble.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2012 6:16am | Report

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide