Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Soraka talk

Creator: IAmByakuya May 14, 2013 12:27pm
37 posts - page 3 of 4
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 9:35am | Report
they are if you spam starcall 8D
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 11:10am | Report
She could maybe go well with a good Mid/Top AP composition being tanky and reducing enemies MR/healing allies but still you cant compare her with the rest of supports :/
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 2:17pm | Report
i hate playing with a soraka support, why you would pick her over any other support that has good cc is beyond me
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 2:28pm | Report
because which support can outsustain her? oh wait, none....

also, as was stated, infuse outranges loads of things...so it's actually hard to land CC on her or her carry (if she's any good).
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 2:34pm | Report
you dont have to outsustain a soraka if you can hard engage on her with someone like blitz, thresh, leona, nami, alistar, zyra, fiddlesticks, janna, and even j4 as a support because you can just hard engage on her and her adc and what can they really do? silence you and hope they dont die?

yes soraka can give you more sustain in lane than anyone but other than that shes pretty useless due to a lack of hard cc
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 2:46pm | Report
support is the only source of wards and, soon, the only source of CC...

As requested to GMD himself.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 2:54pm | Report
Her silence outranges most CC. So if you look like you're thinking you'll engage on her with someone like Leona or Ali (which Ali is REALLY weak right now, even moreso than people generally believe Soraka is), she can silence you before you can even CC her carry. A good Soraka will mostly prevent you from being able to initiate on your own terms without even using her mana to do so. Unless you're playing against people with Bronze V level tactics, you're probably getting baited into trading if you land something like Zenith Blade without any argument.

You can't outsustain her...so you have to burst through her sustain, which only works if you can manage to full to zero her carry within the few seconds she's CC'd...and then you're opening yourself up for other problems, because you've opted to CC her over her carry...
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 3:06pm | Report
you keep saying "a good soraka would do this" but dont you think a good -insert any other better support with cc- would bait out the silence? and isnt the heal on soraka pretty long?

yes ill admit shes good in lane but for the rest of the game shes just useless to me because she lacks hard cc which is what i personally like in a support, hard cc not infinite sustain

supports like sona, alistar(i know hes bad but as an example), nami, and taric all can heal (not as much i know) and also have some form of hard cc
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 3:08pm | Report
Let's be honest nameless, I love soraka as well, but she's not as good as most of the support named late game. No one said she was bad, but she lacks a little bit of something.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2013 3:24pm | Report
not trying to say she's as good late game as some other supports...but the implication is she's a bad champion because a decently ranged silence that costs no mana is her only CC, when it's more that her playstyle just doesn't happen to be favored currently.

I'm not saying she's the best support in the game or something, just stating she can be used effectively in the current meta.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide