Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tear of the Goddess Vs. Archangel's staff

Creator: MyBloodisBlack January 6, 2014 12:59pm
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 12:59pm | Report
I've wanted to ask this for a while but originally I thought it was stupid but being wiser I can see the benefits either way could have so I decided to see what everyone else thinks so here goes.

When your build requires Archangel's Staff do you...

A) purchase a Tear of the Goddess then work on other items whilst building the mana up to then finish off the staff at a later stage

Or.

B) Make building The Archangel's Staff for first priority in the game

Id love your inputs on this
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 1:03pm | Report
Generally I purchase Tear, get my core while I wait for tear to stack and when it hits about 500 stacks I start finishing the item itself.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 1:16pm | Report
Well depends, since with Archangels you get almost the double mana for every stack, which makes it way quicker. Depends on what kind of champ you play. Nidalee for example can stack the tear quick enough, so can singed. And if you need the shield quick or do you need more damage since more damage is better to come from say rabadons or such.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 1:35pm | Report
I usually just build Athene's instead since I find it so much better on almost every champion needing a mana oriented item but when I build it I usually get Tear, let it stack up pretty high then depending on how I'm doing financially I will finish it near max or at max. Most of the time I just need a big chunk of MR and there are certain matchups where the MR is useless and the CDR isn't needed as much on the champion so I build Tear and just leave it in my inventory until I have all my other items then either finally finish Archangel's or sell it for a different item since mana isn't as needed anymore since it will mostly be teamfights and stuff.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 4:41pm | Report
Nidalee for example:

I rush the Tear, but then I get my Rabadons and my Sorc boots.
At this stage of the game I decide wether I need more Manareg or a Shield, cause at 25 Mins you always have a 750stacked tear.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 6:42pm | Report
I'd never rush an Archangel's Staff. Get tear, tier 2 boots, a core item, a part of another core and then go for it. That's usually how it turns out for me.
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 8:22pm | Report
I'm with the majority on this. I buy Tear of the Goddess and stack it while grabbing other items.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide