Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Beginning of the End. Starting all over again.

Creator: Foxy Riven January 21, 2015 1:53am
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 3:18am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Order matters a lot even within the ten placement matches. Five losses followed by five wins will place you way lower than five wins followed by five losses, unfortunately.

Holy **** Riot! Why is that so? I don't see the point in it.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 3:23am | Report
Why are people once again surprised that a reset has placed them below where they were last season? Their change for this season was to stop plats doing bad in placements and getting bronze like last season. Not to make everyone get the same rank they already had.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 5:12am | Report

Holy **** Riot! Why is that so? I don't see the point in it.

Back when the Elo system was in place you could get +30/-30 for your first games but these quickly decayed to somewhere in the 10's. MMR works exactly the same way. The reason is because they assume your first games are only roughly an estimation of your level but when you play more games you actually get closer to your true Elo.

Example: lets assume you win the first five but lose the next five:

+30 +29 +28 +26 +25 -24 -22 -21 -19 -18
You can easily see you get 34 more "MMR points" if you win all your first games.

OT: I went 4/6, having an AFK (from the start to end) in one of my final games. Got placed in Plat II, back in Plat I now.
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 5:17am | Report
Still an entire tier with a 5(now 6) game winning streak seems a bit too much. I will be back in Silver by Monday at most though since I gain 30 LP per win.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 5:23am | Report
Keep in mind that your Elo normalizes, meaning it pulls you closer to 1200 (which iirc is Silver 3 or Silver 5) so combine that with a negative spree and perhaps somewhat lower than normal mmr and you can easily end up badly like that.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 6:14am | Report
Why are people once again surprised that a reset has placed them below where they were last season? Their change for this season was to stop plats doing bad in placements and getting bronze like last season. Not to make everyone get the same rank they already had.
I think they're just surprised by the amount they dropped, not that they dropped at all.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 8:38am | Report
They also gain like twice the LP they're meant to. They have nothing to be upset about unless they're ashamed of their new rank. In which case, play more ranked.

Riot don't want people being placed so high that they think "well that's me done with ranked for the season!".
TROLLing1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 10:09am | Report
Well that was my purpose. Get placed in mid-high silver, push to gold and then just play enough so that I do not get demoted. **** Riot.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2015 10:46am | Report
Finished 6:4 which lead to me regaining the same placement I had before those 10 games, Silver 3 (even though I lost all my lp). Managed to get a 6:0 score though on J4, with a 5.31 kda. Gonna keep playing him only until I get gold probably.

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 9:39am | Report
Played a bunch of games this weekend, and after getting placed in Silver V I am currently in Silver II.
Would have been Silver I but went on a ridiculous AFK/Rager losing streak (not me) and got demoted once.

I'm finding the climb pretty easy and currently the skill levels in games are wildly disproportionate. So in every game there is someone WAY less skilled and you can just stomp them.

Won a game with Lee Sin support and another game with 3 AP's, 2 of which went double MID. In both games got a surrender vote before 30 mins.

Point being... there are going to be people in these games who are working their way down --- so stomp them and move up.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide