Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The New Yi

Creator: TinyStar August 3, 2013 9:30am
73 posts - page 3 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
mysoul4donuts
<Member>
mysoul4donuts's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:44am | Report
Imo He is pretty broken Atm his heal is now usefull even when you play ad and his alpha strike has nearly as much dmg as ap yi had (or maybe it just feels like this) I saw a yi with spirit visage and randuins + bloodthirster as core in a ranked and he carried nearly 1v5. 80% of the yi´s which i see in rankeds atm are pretty godlike
X >(Zed+Kha)² , Solve for X
solution : X = Talon!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 4:07am | Report
Some more infos pls. Were that Yi jungling, mid or top? In which order he bought that items? How fed he was?

BTW:

It seems, Yi works great against meele ad assassins mid. Talon never had a chance as long as Maokai didn't camp the lane (and he ganked like 10 or more times). I also used my Alpha Strike to dodge his Rake and then I did combo it with Tiamat for a huge burst in damage. I took 3/4 of his HP with that.
Kuukai85
<Member>
Kuukai85's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 12:18pm | Report
I think i'll use him until the obvious nerf to get out from silver.. You can't use all the CC of the team to stop him, while the carries eat you alive. And if you build Yi with FM and another belt, and some life steal items, you can't kill him even if you focus him.
Be a grammar nazi with me, i need to improve my english T_T
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 2:30pm | Report

This pretty much shows that Yi shouldn't care about crying teammates while jungling and just farm + counterjungle, cuz as long as he doesn't ambush, he can't gank that well. Basically, the enemy Yi did loose the game beacause bot lane forced him to gank.
He is gonna kill you!!!
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 2:55pm | Report

riot needs to nerf the new yi to olaf niveau

So you want him to be garbage? Welp, I guess I could've expected that coming from the guy with a Teemo av.
kT coffee
<Member>
kT coffee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 2:59pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

This pretty much shows that Yi shouldn't care about crying teammates while jungling and just farm + counterjungle, cuz as long as he doesn't ambush, he can't gank that well. Basically, the enemy Yi did loose the game beacause bot lane forced him to gank.

I can't believe people take ****wall's play and words for granted. Ganking as Yi isn't bad or something to avoid; it's just harder to do. Between having invincibilty on a gapcloser, one of the highest base movespeeds and single-target damage output, all you need to add is decent auto-moving and you've got yourself a gank. Add a redbuff and it's even better.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:24pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Some more infos pls. Were that Yi jungling, mid or top? In which order he bought that items? How fed he was?

BTW:

It seems, Yi works great against meele ad assassins mid. Talon never had a chance as long as Maokai didn't camp the lane (and he ganked like 10 or more times). I also used my Alpha Strike to dodge his Rake and then I did combo it with Tiamat for a huge burst in damage. I took 3/4 of his HP with that.

Winning a lane vs this guy doesn't mean Yi does great against AD assassins.

Pretty sure Talon would wreck Master Yi after level 6.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:29pm | Report

Pretty sure Talon would wreck Master Yi after level 6.

no
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:32pm | Report
Seems like a damage battle imo, a battle which Yi likely wins. If Talon catches him low, hoever, he would obviously win. But still, I think its honestly in Yi's favor.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:39pm | Report

Seems like a damage battle imo, a battle which Yi likely wins. If Talon catches him low, hoever, he would obviously win. But still, I think its honestly in Yi's favor.

The point is Talon never has to actually FIGHT Yi, just harass him until he's low enough to get burst down. Yi has no CC which forces Talon to fight him, or makes him unable to run, Talon can just walk away from Yi after taking a few hits and keep harassing.

Yi MIGHT be able to win at level 6, but at level 9 I just don't see it happening.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide