Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The New Yi

Creator: TinyStar August 3, 2013 9:30am
73 posts - page 4 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 3:44pm | Report
Oh well... i love yi, i love ap yi, still love him, loved previous yi, kinda.. love-like this new yi but i wont ever change my mind about yi.. people saying he is op.. trynda isnt?. fizz? so u can say," getting focus or stunned or whatever.." well, yi can be shut down with a stun like butter.. i love yi.. :(
"I will show you the path."
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 4:13pm | Report

The point is Talon never has to actually FIGHT Yi, just harass him until he's low enough to get burst down. Yi has no CC which forces Talon to fight him, or makes him unable to run, Talon can just walk away from Yi after taking a few hits and keep harassing.

Yi MIGHT be able to win at level 6, but at level 9 I just don't see it happening.

Well, also depends on jungler presence, and I'd agree that Talon generally responds to ganks easier and can snowball other lanes harder.
Ahruu
<Member>
Ahruu's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 4:25pm | Report
Imo yi really needs a nerf atm. He still kills adc's within 2secs lategame unless they have GA or some shizzle, and with far more sustainable damage then the old AP yi, which in my opinion wasn't nearly as broken as he is now.
Don't +rep me im a bad person
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 4:34pm | Report
AP Yi could also full heal in half a second.

New Yi still gets **** on by CC and focus.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 5:47pm | Report
He is still meh to me

Either get a lot of kills or be useless later, hard CC = hes dead

That he has MORE damage doesn't mean he can't get killed
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 5:59pm | Report

The point is Talon never has to actually FIGHT Yi, just harass him until he's low enough to get burst down. Yi has no CC which forces Talon to fight him, or makes him unable to run, Talon can just walk away from Yi after taking a few hits and keep harassing.

Yi MIGHT be able to win at level 6, but at level 9 I just don't see it happening.

that is a really dumb argument. You could apply that logic to literally every champion. I guess we could start applying that to Pantheon vs. Gangplank one of the most notorious lane counters.

"Just wait until Pantheon's Aegis Protection is down and then use Parrrley. You never have to fight Panth and his CC can be cleansed with Remove Scurvy, so therefore GP beats panth"

Do you see how ridiculous that argument is? I don't have a problem with your enthusiasm for Talon or a champion you like, but at least be rational
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 6:58pm | Report
It's funny you say this Moon cause Yi is probably the only champion people know me for and I actually believe Talon wins 1v1 against him mid. Yi is such a terrible laner in my opinion.... Talon has much higher base damages and upfront damage he should win trades early AND should have an easier time doing the whole I-burst-you-down-before-you-can-even-react thing than Yi does at level 6+¸

also has better roam
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2013 7:33pm | Report
^agree with all except the roaming part
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2013 12:28am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

It's funny you say this Moon cause Yi is probably the only champion people know me for and I actually believe Talon wins 1v1 against him mid. Yi is such a terrible laner in my opinion.... Talon has much higher base damages and upfront damage he should win trades early AND should have an easier time doing the whole I-burst-you-down-before-you-can-even-react thing than Yi does at level 6+¸

also has better roam

Are we talking about AP Yi or New Yi?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2013 1:51am | Report
The thing is, Yi can dodge a part of Talon's harass with Alpha Strike, if he uses that to his advantage, he can surely win the lane. Because a Alpha Strike+ Wuju Style true dmg strike does a huge amount of damage, even early. Another thing is, Yi has sustain, Talon not. If they just harass each other with the same damage, Yi would win anyway.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide