Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Thematic Guide Writing

Creator: OTGBionicArm August 31, 2013 8:14pm
Do you enjoy this style of guide?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 8:21am | Report
Do you feel like it hurt the quality on the Cho'Gath guide?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 8:23am | Report

Do you feel like it hurt the quality on the Cho'Gath guide?

Yes. When I reviewed it I actually pointed that out. It felt more like a piece of art instead of a strategy guide.

The style of a guide should be more to make the guide easier to read instead of the art illustrating the message.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 8:35am | Report
What particular elements made the quality of the actual guide suffer? If it was stuff like incorrect information then that was simply my bad, and not really how the guide was written. If you could elaborate that more, it helps alot into making the guide entertaining and also very useful. :]
Bludes
<Member>
Bludes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 8:40am | Report
Yes please. D:
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 12:32pm | Report

What particular elements made the quality of the actual guide suffer? If it was stuff like incorrect information then that was simply my bad, and not really how the guide was written. If you could elaborate that more, it helps alot into making the guide entertaining and also very useful. :]

It definitely was because of the way it was written. Don't really know how to explain it correctly... It just felt like the way it was written was more in an entertaining way instead of a 'teaching' way.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2013 1:40pm | Report
Hmm. I tried to explain everything thoroughly. It's hard to do while also being entertaining, you're right.
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 6:17am | Report
You has to do it! i read your cho guide a while back and absolutely loved it!:D i hate how most guides are like... this is what it is and that's that... this sort of guide is informative yet entertaining so it keeps the readers reading the guide and not quit halfway through! if you do it you will be a god!:D
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 8:42am | Report
I voted no, for the same reason Vynertje explained. I mean, by all means, if you want to write a guide like that, go ahead. But if you want the best possible guide, I would skip the whole "thematic" writing.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 8:44am | Report
I think I'm gonna hold off writing a new guide until I'm plat anyway. We'll see.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2013 1:21pm | Report
I'd love it, make it happen!
And if you have some free time that you don't know how to waste I would love to see a Draven/ Darius from the brother's point of view, or maybe a Kog'Maw guide from Kassadin's point of view, or maybe a guide for Lux as told by Ezreal! Oh, I'm so exited right now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide