Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Top Lane

Creator: Syther Blade September 19, 2012 5:34pm
26 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 10:08am | Report
Irelia can beat Jax, it's hard but doable from a mechanics standpoint.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 12:02pm | Report
Berzerk wrote:

Honestly none of those changes would stop the snowballyness of top lane. Stronger minions, K that just means champions with skill trades who don't need autos will come out on top. Touching the champions, defensive items, runes, and masteries to an excess needed for change would make junglers lives miserable. The reason top lane is a snowball lane is that it is 1v1 for the most part so matchup/ganking has a lot larger of an impact. The only way riot could really change it is by changing the champion choice that can go top lane, which I cannot really see them doing.

but what makes it so different from mid then, mid is also a 1v1 lane. But you don't see AS MUCH (key words where as much) snowballing. What the difference?

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 12:14pm | Report

but what makes it so different from mid then, mid is also a 1v1 lane. But you don't see AS MUCH (key words where as much) snowballing. What the difference?

Lane length, GP10 that builds into damage, blue buff, wraiths/wolves, many more jungler gank paths, possibility for ADC+Support+Jungler to gank for you.

All of these things and more await you in midlane!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 12:17pm | Report
Mid is a more exposed lane because there are ~8 different avenues to gank from. Most will count and say 6 but it depends on how creative you are.

Bottom-line mid is more accessible to a jungler for ganks. So rather than being able to put 1 or 2 wards down and know you're 98% safe from a gank (like top lane) you have to be more aware and play a bit more laid back.

That isn't to say midlane can't be snowbally, but it's always a less aggressive lane depending on the match ups.
Berzerk
<Member>
Berzerk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 12:20pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Lane length, GP10 that builds into damage, blue buff, wraiths/wolves, many more jungler gank paths, possibility for ADC+Support+Jungler to gank for you.

All of these things and more await you in midlane!

This ^ Also most Mid laners scale with levels meaning even if they give a few kills early on, they still have their full combo bursts, which when receiving a gank can be used to gib the enemy. Alot of it is also the champions that go to each lane.

Check out my complete guide to top lane here.
Check out my Jayce guide here.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 1:03pm | Report
Thing is, early game no big objectives is around top. So no natural converging there. Farm, stay safe etc.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide