Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Tristana's Overall Damage

Creator: Onoku March 2, 2012 3:44pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 8:31am | Report
Well it's bad enough/not worth getting to her late game for most of the pro AD carries it seems. Do I wholly believe the pros are always right? Nope, but I'm wondering why they've stopped picking her if "she's strong".
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 10:01am | Report
No variety?

Nah srsly look at her kit:
She is designed to get in range and attack ppl from a safe distance with no movement at all, like a turret.

That's nothing for those "beat the apm highscore" hyperactive guys trying to avoid every imaginary possible skillshot flying at you from a blind spot.

She just doesnt involve enough movement to get in/or out of a fight except for that maxed-last wall jump.
A turrent isnt involved in currents meta, even Heimer is more flexible.

That doesn't mean she can't dish out some heavy dmg like every autohitter with some items.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 11:17am | Report
I'd say her short commings simply exist in the fact that 100% of her "direct damage" abilities scale with AP, she has an AS steroid but that is an indirect thing (meaning it buffs her AS which inherently means she attacks more often dealing damage at a higher rate. It in itself does not directly deal damage)...The minute they change the scaling around on her, or revamp her skill set to be AD OR AP friendly then she'll have more presence (if they do it right).
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 11:31am | Report
This is a interesting read, but how do you all think how Tristania does compared to Corki and Ashe?
Onoku
<Member>
Onoku's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 12:26pm | Report
Dainou wrote:

This is a interesting read, but how do you all think how Tristania does compared to Corki and Ashe?

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well as I also have Ashe (but have barely touched her) and was thinking about buying Corki.
Kiaat
<Member>
Kiaat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 12:36pm | Report
Onoku wrote:

I'd be interested in the answer to this as well as I also have Ashe (but have barely touched her) and was thinking about buying Corki.

Don't forget that Ashe and Corki are in early game very squishi, their life-points are like a piece of paper
"The stupidity of mankind is like the lie, a truth." - Me
Onoku
<Member>
Onoku's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 12:38pm | Report
Yeah that is what has kept me from playing Ashe actually. I also play Talon and it always seems like I am just cutting through her like butter.
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 1:20pm | Report
Okay after adding that question, I'm gonna add my opinion.

I'm a Corki lover, but gonna try and stay totally unbiased.

My feel on playing all of them is that Ashe got the utility, but low damage early until you start adding up some items.

Tristania is like other think good early and late game, in my game I could't exploit her early game. Which left me for a mediocre mid game, but manage to come back in late and be the carry I should be. I would also say she got more damage then Ashe and a bit more utility then Corki, even though the slow on W is very risky.

Corki my feel on it is that Corki is not to good early, but way better then Tristanias mid game and also very good in the late game. As he still got some of his former glory when he was the top ad carry around. However where Corki lacks is the utility, as he only got a low range reveal (which is useless) and a low % blind, but also a armor shred which helps the team.

Then again, I might be a bit more baised when it comes to Corki. So I want to hear what you other people think about it.

Edit: So what about comparing them with Sivir?
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 5:20pm | Report

Well it's bad enough/not worth getting to her late game for most of the pro AD carries it seems. Do I wholly believe the pros are always right? Nope, but I'm wondering why they've stopped picking her if "she's strong".

Chaox and Candy Panda both play her frequently, Doublelift doesn't play her because he's said he can't last hit with her due to her passive Explosive Shot. She's actually quite highly regarded as an AD carry by the pro community

Dainou wrote:

Edit: So what about comparing them with Sivir?

Sivir is pretty strong at all points of the game. Her late game is her weakest point imo, even then she's decently strong. I'd say she's similar to graves in that she has strong early and mid-game, but falls off late
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 5:21pm | Report
^ That, it surprises me that I don't see her more often.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide