Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Upcoming Guinsoo's Rageblade Nerfs

Creator: verdic April 30, 2019 4:39am
verdic
<Member>
verdic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2019 4:39am | Report
What's your guys' opinion on the upcoming 9.10 Rageblade nerfs posted by Riot Repertoir on twtitter? Personally I feel like this is going to gut a lot of ADC's including Vayne, Kai'Sa, Kog etc.

Reference: https://twitter.com/RiotRepertoir/status/1123038215768645632/photo/2
Hamstertamer
<Veteran>
Hamstertamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2019 6:14am | Report
Absolutely hate it. They're literally gutting rageblade for no reason. If it goes through it's one of the worst balance changes I've ever seen.

There's ONE overpowered on-hit champion right now and that's Vayne. So just because Vayne is too strong they're going to destroy Kog'Maw and Varus for no freaking reason even though nobody plays them. And then they'll "compensate" by giving 5 movement speed to kog and 1 HP regen to Varus or something.

I really think Rito's agenda is gutting AD carries in general and bringing back the tank meta. We've already had that with the crit reworks, now it's time for on-hit to get the same treatment.

Just rework Vayne (toxic kit, no counterplay, invis sucks) and leave rageblade alone.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2019 8:09am | Report
I'm going to have to weigh in on the side of really disliking Guinsoo's Rageblade as an item, especially playing verses it as a bruiser or juggernaut or in some cases as an assassin. If I'm playing one of those archtypes and I get on top of a carry I expect to be able to kill them or force them to retreat if ahead or equal. But if they have rageblade fully stacked or nearly stacked when you encounter them I'm in fact probably going to lose that fight and that feels really bad. It basically eliminates a window where they are vulnerable unless you can overwhelm them and to make it worse it isn't really clear that they in a state of "don't mess with that dude until their stacks fall off."

Vayne is also in a situation where her early game isn't weak enough compared to her late game when she becomes impossible to pin down if she gets a little peel from her team, plus you can't get away from her if her auto spacing is any good due to her movement speed buff and the movement speed she gets from one or more Zeal items (sometimes she can chase you down even if you have a blink or dash). Rageblade exacerbates her issues. She is currently my go to ban.
Hamstertamer
<Veteran>
Hamstertamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2019 8:19am | Report
VexRoth wrote:
But if they have rageblade fully stacked or nearly stacked when you encounter them I'm in fact probably going to lose that fight and that feels really bad.

Make it so that rageblade no longer stacks on minions then.

Destroying the DPS is a horrible decision.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2019 8:56am | Report

Make it so that rageblade no longer stacks on minions then.

Destroying the DPS is a horrible decision.

Champions only might make sense. Maybe epic monsters as there is already the strategy of starting those to draw the enemy team to you. (definitely would make it not stack on structures though...I think it currently does).
Vinilin
<Member>
Vinilin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2019 6:02pm | Report
i feel miss of Guinsoo on final session 6. It was too good item for champions like jax, master, untill ad carry.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide