Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 8:24am | Report
utopus wrote:
If anything, Tahm Kench is 2 times more anti-fun compared to soraka.

Janna lanes tend to do OK against raka.
Soraka is like the common cold compared to the Ebola that is the Kench
JakeParkbench
<Member>
JakeParkbench's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 10:50am | Report
What is your opinion on sometimes just looking to go even in lane. As it is right now I get matched with people that are general capable of farming alright and I feel confident in being able to peel or engage mid to late game. In these cases I'm play Alistar Janna or Tahm, or cases were I have to early pick Thresh or shen into a lane match up that is ***. i mostly just feel tat sometimes people overlook just getting farm and knowing that the game doesn't end at 10 mins, and go way too hard for early kills.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 10:56am | Report
I think it's fine but it shouldn't mean that you give up all pressure, because in that case you're essentially 'losing' lane: you allow the enemy support to get vision and roam freely. Also, it means that you make yourself more reliant on your team to perform. Either way, it is important to assess what you can and what you can not do in lane and play appropriately, and yes this can mean that you play to go even in gold.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 11:24am | Report
Soraka is like the common cold compared to the Ebola that is the Kench

True but at least the game is actually being played in a Kench lane. Against/as soraka I may as well go do my laundry during laning phase.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 2:48pm | Report
True but at least the game is actually being played in a Kench lane. Against/as soraka I may as well go do my laundry during laning phase.
Tahm Kench doesn't play the game any more than Soraka does, that's the beauty of Tahm Kench.
Zetrick
<Member>
Zetrick's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 3:32pm | Report
I believe those who can get them selves to diamond or higher, while only playing support, may be the players with the highest game knowledge. I've wanted to main support, as I think it is a fun role, playing champs like Zilean. But I'm not able to carry with the role, in any way, which is why i don't main it. :P
Jungle Main
Middle Platinum Elo
Norwegian
EUW: tnuC / EUNE: First Order
Malin
<Member>
Malin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 3:34pm | Report
Would u say that Annie is a valid support atm? Haven't played for so long idk anyfiiiiin about dis gaaaaajm
👌👌👌👌👌👌 pc master race 👌👌👌👌👌👌
Zetrick
<Member>
Zetrick's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 4:32pm | Report
Where does Nami stand? I've been wanting to try her out.
Jungle Main
Middle Platinum Elo
Norwegian
EUW: tnuC / EUNE: First Order
Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2015 1:28am | Report
Tahm Kench doesn't play the game any more than Soraka does, that's the beauty of Tahm Kench.

You can put pressure and be agressive with the Kench. Not with Raka.

Malin wrote:
Would u say that Annie is a valid support atm? Haven't played for so long idk anyfiiiiin about dis gaaaaajm

I've played her a few times and she seems fine. FQC is really good on her. The only downside is that everyone can get QSS really early now.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2015 3:05am | Report
Malin wrote:

I think she's mediocre but she can still work. She just got so many rounds of nerfs and she really sucks in the tank meta so it makes her a bit iffy, but she can still be a very dominant laner.

You can put pressure and be agressive with the Kench. Not with Raka.

Well yes but in the Raka lane its the ADC that can put pressure and be aggressive.

Zetrick wrote:
Where does Nami stand? I've been wanting to try her out.

She's fine, she works well with both Thunderlord's Decree and Windspeaker's Blessing , and can really dominate a lane. She also works pretty well with FQC. On the downside, her issues (vulnerability to jungle ganks, need to dominate a lane due to poorly scaling utility values) still remain and aren't fixed by the new patches.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide