Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Whats so strong about bruiser nidalee

Creator: cooper56 April 8, 2012 6:58pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 8:21am | Report
I would also say AD brusier Nidalee has amazing push power. As well she is very hard to catch because of her passive, so essentially, you don't play AD Nid to carry in team fights you play her to keep constant pressure in lanes.

Or that's my basic reasoning, champs don't need to be team fight carries. Tryn for example is simply better off pushing lanes once you hit late game because of his susceptibility to CC in team fights. The idea of LoL is to kill the enemy nexus, team fights are simply a way to free up time for one team or the other to grb objectives or push lanes.
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 9:14am | Report
I always get hate when I play bruiser nidalee. She's viable and I always end up doing well with her.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 1:00pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

ITT: Everyone echoes someone who doesn't play Nidalee.

I probably have about 500 games played wit Nidalee as both AP or AD (mostly AP)

xIchi wrote:

^thats it.
As an AP-Caster cougar is way too dangerous :x

You're supposed to use your spears to get the enemy low and then go in with cougar form to clean up. Cougar form is very risky, aside form that most of your damage will come from spears and traps until the enemy's health is low enough for Takedown to deal pretty massive damage

Quoted:

well but as you see you couldn't carry games with 11/2 9/2 and 14/4 .. I just assume your team were pure trolls.

but even then ad nida could have carried way easier

not always trolls, but yes there are games I just can't carry. But that's true for any champion. I've played games where I've dominated games as Tristana or Cassiopeia and still lost before. It happens, I don't expect to win every game, but it's complete nonsense that AP Nid can't carry. The point of playing AP nidalee is to control the game. You tons of utility and map control with her. You can force disengagements by landing a few spears, or even engagements, you siege quite well. Roaming with her is very easy and put's pressure on other lanes. The idea is to control the game more so than it is to deal damage. Champions like TF, Anivia, etc. are still viable and saw tournament play because of how well they control fights, Nidalee is in some regards the same

but anyway, my guide for AP Nidalee should be coming out in the next few days. I feel like a lot of people have a misconception about what AP Nidalee is supposed to do and strong at so it might be a good read
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 1:07pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

ITT: Everyone echoes someone who doesn't play Nidalee.

omagma wrote:

What lugi said.

xIchi wrote:

(pointing to me)
^thats it.
As an AP-Caster cougar is way too dangerous :x

Told ya' they were.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 1:17pm | Report
I said it's harder to carry with ap than ad not that she can't lul

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 1:23pm | Report
I think AP is a lot better.

Basically the reason for this is that I've seen many AP nids do well, but I've never seen an AD nid do well.

AP nid has a godly poke, and a strong heal. She has her own role, and is therefore reasonable to pick.
AD nid on the other hand is just weaker than other bruisers, and therefore, it makes no sense to pick her.
McLovin12134567
<Member>
McLovin12134567's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 2:11pm | Report
I use her alot and id say because early u destroy ur enemy with ur high base ad(if runed and masteried) and post 6 u execute with q and ur overall burst in cougar even if ur ad is high
Some say he watched the lord of the rings sixty twelve times and he was pissed off at gandalf for stealing his idea for a halloween costume. all we know he's called McLovin.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 2:20pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I probably have about 500 games played wit Nidalee as both AP or AD (mostly AP)

You're supposed to use your spears to get the enemy low and then go in with cougar form to clean up. Cougar form is very risky, aside form that most of your damage will come from spears and traps until the enemy's health is low enough for Takedown to deal pretty massive damage

not always trolls, but yes there are games I just can't carry. But that's true for any champion. I've played games where I've dominated games as Tristana or Cassiopeia and still lost before. It happens, I don't expect to win every game, but it's complete nonsense that AP Nid can't carry. The point of playing AP nidalee is to control the game. You tons of utility and map control with her. You can force disengagements by landing a few spears, or even engagements, you siege quite well. Roaming with her is very easy and put's pressure on other lanes. The idea is to control the game more so than it is to deal damage. Champions like TF, Anivia, etc. are still viable and saw tournament play because of how well they control fights, Nidalee is in some regards the same

but anyway, my guide for AP Nidalee should be coming out in the next few days. I feel like a lot of people have a misconception about what AP Nidalee is supposed to do and strong at so it might be a good read

Ill look out for your guide. Not many ap nid guides on moba now sadly ad has over taken ap.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 4:12pm | Report
bruiser nidalee can rape lanes, thats really the only reason to pick her. if you dont win lane/snowball you are only good for split pushing.

ap nid is a lot more useful imo but complete trash in teamfights.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2012 4:29pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

bruiser nidalee can rape lanes, thats really the only reason to pick her. if you dont win lane/snowball you are only good for split pushing.

ap nid is a lot more useful imo but complete trash in teamfights.

And this is why I never bothered to learn Nidalee ;D

I think her lane phase is on par with the better solo tops, and her everything else is out classed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide