Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which rank is elo hell?

Creator: TheKut May 13, 2014 2:10am
1 2 3
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 2:10am | Report
I haven't been very active in ranked until this season, I got to Silver 3 after my promotion games last season, jumped to Silver 1 and got to Gold 5 on my first try just to get my Victorious Elise , so I've never experienced the Bronze elo hell.

However, this season I've so far gotten to Platinum 5 and I just can't manage. For every game I win I lose two and I've never been over 60 LP this rank. Then someone told me that Platinum 5 is just as hard to get out of as Bronze 5. Is there any truth to this?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 2:25am | Report
elohell doesn't exist
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 2:32am | Report
Elo hell does in fact exist, it's present in every single division V, full of players who barely got that and think highly of themselves, often acting like jerks and failing to notice the faults in their gameplay in favor of gloating and presenting themselves as players who seldom make mistakes.

From what I've heard, plat V is ****. Full of wannabe diamonds :P
Gold is elo heaven, full of (mostly) casual players.
Bronze- (low - mid)silver are just places where people are placed when not good enough to advance. As soon as you rise in skill level (about gold) you always get out of bronze/silver within 20 ish games without many difficulties.

So basically as long as the community is filled with self righteous pricks who think they're good, elo hell exists everywhere, mostly present in division V of each tier.
You're probably not good enough to get past platinum 5 right now, after all, it's rising up to the 3rd most talented group of players, after diamonds and challengers.

Tl;dr ranked sucks in any elo, you probably need more practice to get out of plat V and good luck =D
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 2:37am | Report
That's an illusion as well cause in every 5th division (except bronze, ofc) you also get matched with players in division 1 of the previous tier and divison 4 of your own tier who assumingly should be super tryhard. The only thing that sucks is the mindset of the players, but it isn't specifically harder / easier to carry division 5 over 4.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 2:37am | Report
Since the term "elo hell" is normally used to describe being stuck solely because of teammates, I have to agree with Vynertje on that one. But yes, XeresAce, you're right, trolls, ragers and bad players are everywhere.

As far as climbing goes, it all depends on your own skill level. There should be no difference between how hard it is for a bronze 5 player to climb out of bronze 5 and how hard it is for a platinum 5 player to climb out of platinum 5, but obviously it is easier to play this game at a higher-than-bronze level than it is to play it at a higher-than-platinum level. Climbing generally requires being significantly better than players you play with / against, anyway. Focus on improving.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 3:23am | Report
From Bronze V to Diamond I.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 3:55am | Report
Thanks for good answers. On a sidenote, what attributes would you think I need to focus on improving to climb? You don't know how I play now but generally, what is particularly important to be good at if you want to improve?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 4:04am | Report
Focus on the mistakes you make and improve on them.

Whenever you die, lose a lane or lose a game, start asking yourself what went wrong or what you could've done better. Then keep these things in mind going into your next game.
Dychronius
<Member>
Dychronius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 8:46am | Report
sirell wrote:

From Bronze V to Diamond I.

*Bronze V to Challenger.

Do do do dee do do do
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2014 9:46am | Report
Well, Challenger is the peak, so you don't really need to climb, cos you can't. D1 is stuck in constant limbo trying to get to Challenger.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide