Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Who counters Garen?!?!?!?!?

Creator: ViVSharpy February 28, 2013 6:25am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

LiLStormcloaK
<Member>
LiLStormcloaK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2013 9:22pm | Report
Ranged champions in general.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 1:50am | Report
ELISE.
The King of Talas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 3:07am | Report
Aside from some of the more obvious choices like Elise and Jayce, would Darius count as a possible Garen counter?

Darius' innate ability delays Garen's for a short moment after the fight/trade. Also, Darius can just build defensive items and can still do a lot of damage. The silence is a trouble, but you can still use physical attacks in the interim that will hurt with his Honed Blade and Hemorrhage passives. Finally, Darius' infamous ultimate is superior to Garen's in nearly every metric. Garen may have no mana, but Darius' mana costs are low.

And if Garen tries to DS run, Apprehend and Cripple Strike him.
The sentence below this one is false.
The sentence above this one is true.
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 3:09am | Report
Vayne works well.
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2013 8:45am | Report
My best bets have always been Elise and Jayce he just cant do **** about the amount of poke or try to farm without taking a **** heavy load of damage.

But now Blade of the Ruined King anhilates him <3
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Krznixtkransj
<Member>
Krznixtkransj's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 2:15am | Report
Any champion with ranged basic attacks. Also play Singed and spam laugh while you outscale the **** out of him from 25 minutes and out.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 8:00am | Report

Aside from some of the more obvious choices like Elise and Jayce, would Darius count as a possible Garen counter?

Darius' innate ability delays Garen's for a short moment after the fight/trade. Also, Darius can just build defensive items and can still do a lot of damage. The silence is a trouble, but you can still use physical attacks in the interim that will hurt with his Honed Blade and Hemorrhage passives. Finally, Darius' infamous ultimate is superior to Garen's in nearly every metric. Garen may have no mana, but Darius' mana costs are low.

And if Garen tries to DS run, Apprehend and Cripple Strike him.

garen counters darius, assuming there is no dumb play. garen silences darius when most of his damage c0mes from abilities. also, garen has inbuilt sustain.

Sig made by Aquilegia
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 8:05am | Report
Actually, i think it depends on the point in the game. For instance, once a darius gets ninja tabi, and can actually TAKE garen's spin to win combo, he can just autoattack and outtrade garen. Garen can't even rlly escape because of that ******* pull.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 8:24am | Report
Vayne, Elise, Teemo, Kayle!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Sojjang
<Member>
Sojjang's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2013 12:06pm | Report
Teemo absolutely destroys him in lane. Q him whenever he comes in for last hit, w away when he chases you, and create your mushroom kingdom after lvl 6. Can shut him down very well. To help your team in team fights, build tanky ap(Get Dorans blade, Frozen mallet, malady, nashor's tooth,etc).

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide