Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who should I play when learning a new role?

Creator: H4xDefender March 30, 2016 3:02pm
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2016 3:02pm | Report
tl;dr got inspired to make this because I'm doing lessons again and a student asked me about this, and I thought it would be pretty good general knowledge. don't know if I'll do more cuz i'm a lazy ****. i go more in-depth when doing lessons but I didn't want this to take years to upload/render

warning for headphones users: i am terrible at speaking into my mic because i am an idiot
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2016 9:03am | Report
I can't get enough of this stuff. I really love complex, deep thinking and talk about league mechanics and systems, so this was a treat. Keep it coming please! :D

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2016 11:56am | Report
Thanks for breaking down the reasoning regarding why Rek'sai is a good champion on which to learn and practice the finer points of jungling while not having an extremely high mechanical ceiling.

Back story, (Silver 5 scrub that peaked at Silver 2 in pre-season). I spent some time practicing in Rek'Sai in pre-season as Stonewall008 suggested her as one of the 3 junglers that have a lot to teach you about jungling. I've still got some mechanical issues I need to iron out like Unburrowing at the wrong time or accidentally taking a tunnel when they are littering an area where a fight is occurring. And maybe I need to iron those things out before working on anything else, but I kind of feel like if you aren't doing some of the things that Rek'Sai is capable of doing, such as counter jungling since you have a pretty good escape mechanism via tunneling, and camping a lane to turret dive someone over and over to tilt them out of the game, that she doesn't feel like an amazing pick. So she seems like something of a Catch-22. Good to great in the right hands, but mediocre to poor if you don't already have certain aspects of the game nailed down.

Whereas say with someone like Shyvana I can simply outfarm and out level my jungle opponent and in some cases even solo laners and then carry the game with an item advantage. I still get to work on certain aspects of jungling, like chilling in a bush that I've scanned and waiting for the enemy laner to go aggro on my laner and/or blow an important cool down such as their primary mobility spell. Or noting that their jungler is ganking Top lane when I'm blue side while I'm Bot side which allows me to make a call for drag if my laners are in a position to do so or opt to counter jungle their Bot side jungle and try to get some deep wards in if my laners are pressuring.

I think if I have a question herein it is if you were to expand on the idea of Rek'Sai as a good candidate for learning jungling what would you learn with her that you wouldn't learn from Warwick given that his kit is somewhat limited? / How would you go about using her to get proficient at those aspect of jungling?
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2016 5:40pm | Report
VexRoth wrote:
Thanks for breaking down the reasoning regarding why Rek'sai is a good champion on which to learn and practice the finer points of jungling while not having an extremely high mechanical ceiling.

Back story, (Silver 5 scrub that peaked at Silver 2 in pre-season). I spent some time practicing in Rek'Sai in pre-season as Stonewall008 suggested her as one of the 3 junglers that have a lot to teach you about jungling. I've still got some mechanical issues I need to iron out like Unburrowing at the wrong time or accidentally taking a tunnel when they are littering an area where a fight is occurring. And maybe I need to iron those things out before working on anything else, but I kind of feel like if you aren't doing some of the things that Rek'Sai is capable of doing, such as counter jungling since you have a pretty good escape mechanism via tunneling, and camping a lane to turret dive someone over and over to tilt them out of the game, that she doesn't feel like an amazing pick. So she seems like something of a Catch-22. Good to great in the right hands, but mediocre to poor if you don't already have certain aspects of the game nailed down.

Whereas say with someone like Shyvana I can simply outfarm and out level my jungle opponent and in some cases even solo laners and then carry the game with an item advantage. I still get to work on certain aspects of jungling, like chilling in a bush that I've scanned and waiting for the enemy laner to go aggro on my laner and/or blow an important cool down such as their primary mobility spell. Or noting that their jungler is ganking Top lane when I'm blue side while I'm Bot side which allows me to make a call for drag if my laners are in a position to do so or opt to counter jungle their Bot side jungle and try to get some deep wards in if my laners are pressuring.

I think if I have a question herein it is if you were to expand on the idea of Rek'Sai as a good candidate for learning jungling what would you learn with her that you wouldn't learn from Warwick given that his kit is somewhat limited? / How would you go about using her to get proficient at those aspect of jungling?

The thing about reksai is that you can do whatever you feel is the correct play because reksai is so versatile. If you think you need to invade heavily, you can. If you feel like you need to gank a bunch, you can. If you think farming is most efficicent, you can.

While some other champions are easier/simpler to play, I don't feel like they teach you as much.
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2016 9:46am | Report
Sending you a PM about coaching.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide