Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is everybody so hostile in LoL?

Creator: HayywireSausag July 7, 2012 6:25am
1 2 3
Nemerian
<Member>
Nemerian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 12:22pm | Report
Its basically because lol is a moba. And believe me, once you played dota for ex(or hon) lol will seem like the gentlemens club. actually the problem with the community isnt as such as being hostile, its more like being whinny *****es.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 12:31pm | Report
i think it's usually willing to take advice, because winning LoL requires lots of teamwork, which usually isn't accomplished if ppl argue.

think most teamwork games ppl are quite hostile too.
VanityVivified
<Member>
VanityVivified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 11, 2012 2:48pm | Report
After I made my account I stopped for about 2-3 months because of the initial LoL community feel. Then my friend explained to me about smurf acc's/pre-mades and that I shouldn't feel bad being level 5ish playing with 30s (I played with my friend in his games from the beginning).
To this day, still don't escape the rage of solo players as the jungler... So much hate.
Chaupsticks
<Member>
Chaupsticks's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 12:12am | Report
Other people are just crabby...People don't like losing, so what i try to do is to just be a team player, give compliments, and don't make fun of anyone. Even on the other team. I just try to have good sportsmanship. "Be the change you want to see in the world"~Some old indian guy
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 12, 2012 4:34am | Report
This is mainly the reason why I avoid going on Solo Queue. I'm almost always with a friend or a pre-made team whenever I play Normal games since I feel more comfortable with them around. As an example, in my very first Solo Queue (After the tutorials and one game of Co-Op), I got berated and insulted hard by my own teammates even after I had mentioned in the lobby that that was my first PvP game.

I almost ended up turning away from the game because of that alone. I'm glad my friends managed to snap that thought away soon after when they found out that I started playing LoL, because the game is so much better when you're having fun with friends or without them.

Nowadays, I'm not as affected by ragers since I learned to block out their insults. And like a couple of people before had mentioned, that by being nice, it rubs off on your teammates. More often than not, it helps build camaraderie between yourselves. As a small example in a game that I can never forget; our Top lane was feeding, our Mid left the game 15 minutes in, me and a teammate at Bot were at a stalemate with the enemy Bot laners, but our Jungler was doing rather well in keeping Top and Mid alive as much as he could (Mid did go down after a while). Even against all odds, we managed to win the game because of our communication and optimistic attitudes (With a slice of luck).
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide