Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Yi vs Jax

Creator: neowolf June 25, 2012 4:33am
41 posts - page 4 of 5
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 7:52am | Report
BluAnimal wrote:

I've played Jax for 2 years, never been beaten by a Yi. And with that AP build you posted, where's your sustain? And don't say Meditate, because that's why you have Counter Strike and Ignite. The only way to beat Jax is with a ton of CC. And Yi has none. :/

So, you towerdive him just to stop Meditate?

Again, poke, farm with that some minions and retreat. On and on. And if you got him low enough, you no longer need to retreat. If he jumps on you in minions and charges his stun up, let him hit you until you except when he ends his Counter Strike, then use Alpha Strike. You dodged the stun and a good part of his followup dmg. Finally, you can gain the lost HP back easily through Meditate in a safe place.

Only champs which can bring AP Yi down in the lane are the ones which can burst him down from 100-0 with cc.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 8:01am | Report
You cannot win with Yi against a Jax in a 1on1, Jax is a strong duelist anyways, so is yi, but Jax is like a aa-counter and is in general way stronger then Yi.
Also dont listen to Nickname, hes a Yi fanboy who has no clue about balance ;p

I love summoner exhaust
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 8:29am | Report
Why the hell would you need to bring down a champ? Zoning is enough.

AP Yi vs Jax?
AP Yi tries to q for minions, Jax zones. Yi can't Q.
AP Yi Q's for minions. Jax jumps and stuns. Bad trade.
AP Yi farms melee range. Jax stuns, harasses. Bad trade.

Can you tell me how AP Yi would work exactly?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 8:56am | Report
Bad Trade? Your Q has a chance to hit Jax and afterwards you can Meditate for all damage done. And Doran's Ring + mana regen seals and you got no mana problems. After 3 Doran's Ring you can generally stomp anyone which can't instantly burst you down.

Alpha Strike is a nice zoning tool aswel, since it deals ridiculous dmg even early.

BTW: Jax wants to stun you in meele range? Just Q when he tries to, you dodge the stun and deal heavy damage at the same time.

Lane AP Yi is as underrated as Zilean.
He is gonna kill you!!!
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 9:11am | Report
Counter Strike has a 2 second duration. Alpha Strike is 1.5. So you can get stunned immediately? Or you can get stunned after Alpha Strike. It's your choice. In lane you can go Meditate, Jax can farm it up and life steal some minions. In the end Yi will be reduced to tower farming with his Alpha Strike. Jax is a good tower diver, and implying there is no outside influence (jungler, other lanes, Wish, Requiem, etc.) Yi will either:

1. Have to sit under the tower the whole game while Jax farms, goes back to buy and eventually dives successfully.

Or...

2. Yi will finally go back after finding out he needs more than Doran's Ring to handle Jax, and his tower will fall.

Sorry. Jax is considered one of the best top laners while Yi is an average jungler at best. If this is still open to debating I'd
be happy to do some 1v1. :)
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 10:02am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Bad Trade? Your Q has a chance to hit Jax and afterwards you can Meditate for all damage done. And Doran's Ring + mana regen seals and you got no mana problems. After 3 Doran's Ring you can generally stomp anyone which can't instantly burst you down.

Alpha Strike is a nice zoning tool aswel, since it deals ridiculous dmg even early.

BTW: Jax wants to stun you in meele range? Just Q when he tries to, you dodge the stun and deal heavy damage at the same time.

Lane AP Yi is as underrated as Zilean.

What you're saying here is that you can use Q to harass and instantly use it again to avoid Counter Strike.

The durations have nothing to do with it, once Yi uses his Q Jax will jump on him and stun him, and easily burst through a large portion of Yi's health.

If you save Alpha JUST to avoid the stun, that's saying I'll never use it because no Jax is stupid enough to waste the stun just so he can harass.

Again, Yi cannot win. Jax has THE best duelist set against AA melees in the game, and Yi's is mediocre at best in comparison.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 11:14am | Report
I think we are all basically saying the same thing, just disagreeing on the particulars.

AD Yi will get rolled.

AP Yi will be able to farm, but will not really threaten Jax.

For those of you saying that AP Yi is disqualified because he can't trade evenly, you are missing half the point of AP Yi. He doesn't have to trade evenly, because unless you can burst him completely from 100-0 he is literally going to walk back to safety and heal back to 100% health. I'm sure Jax will do the same by autoattacking minions, but that isn't the point. You aren't going to chip away at Yi trade by trade and push him out of lane. That's not how he works.

Really there just aren't many people with top lane AP Yi experience so 3/4 of what is happening in here is conjecture at best. And, in full disclosure, I'm not some top lane AP Yi master. I wouldn't even consider playing it in ranked. But I've played AP Yi enough to understand his strengths and weaknesses, and there is next to no one who can push me completely out of lane.

Can they outfarm me? Maybe
Can they push me to turret? Maybe
Can they scale into late game better? Probably
But you can never have my cookie crisps.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 11:55am | Report
Hmm, so AP Yi would beat LeBlanc, since all of her strengh lies earlygame, she can't roam because Yi pushes the lane hardcore and she can't kill Yi because he heals all back up if she doesn't burst him down in 1 rotation.

And bursting Yi down with 3 Doran's Ring is kinda difficult, maybe even Doran's Ring+ Ruby Crystal> catalyst the protector as directly counter.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2012 9:17pm | Report
WE AGREE YI CANNOT WORK AGAINST JAX

PLZ NO MORE ******ED ARGUMENTS
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2012 9:15am | Report