Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yorick Counter

Creator: Banishedd December 5, 2012 1:20pm
44 posts - page 4 of 5
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 3:15pm | Report
The only two top champs in the game that can outsustain a yorick are Irelia, Vladimir, Nidalee, and to some degree Cho'Gath. Trundle does it decently but not too well. If you're either of theese passively harrass him until he runs out of mana.

If you're not, you all in and kill the ****er with:
Jax, Riven, Akali, Kayle, Lee, xin i quess you know what i mean. Yorick's actually pretty straightforward to counter.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 3:49pm | Report
Harass the bejeezus out of him with teemo and you can most often win too.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 10:19pm | Report
Quoted:
Harass the bejeezus out of him with teemo and you can most often win too.

Good one :P
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Banishedd
<Member>
Banishedd's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 6, 2012 11:31pm | Report
Just to reply to some of the above, yes, Yorick has a worse slow, but his follows people around, even after ghost or short blinks, making him (slightly) more viable.

Also, thank you to everyone who replied. So helpful!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2012 3:01am | Report
But if you ghost or blink out of the slow his ghosts won't affect you..
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
TheLastWolf
<Member>
TheLastWolf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2012 4:36am | Report
Nidalee is, maybe, the strongest counetr for Yorick...But reading here, looks like Nasus, Cho'Gath and Trundle works well against him too.

-Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard , Xiaowiriamu and myself for this awesome sigs-

-Place for the future guides-
master720full
<Member>
master720full's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2012 11:02am | Report
Yorick has been my main for a long time, and as far as my personal expierence can say...
One of the biggets nightmares I've faced was Xin, xin is hard to face a fight mostly because its hard to get near him when his ult is up, he can also knock u up, and scape. In addition, Xin goes tanky before you go (you first build manamune so not to be mana hungry), so facing him early is suicidal.
Another hard guy was nidalee, yes you are not blind, i said nidalee. A good nidalee will make you back and lose cs (which means gold and exp.) all the time, and facing her without a gank is gonna be hard, she can slain you just with the spear, so you've to play smart and be ganked as many times as possible.Although, when nid is chosen, try to avoid going with yorick, its stupid, like choosing katarina when Karth was already picked, try to play safe when soloing on a lane.
In addition, another champ that makes yorick go crazy is Riven, a good one. Riven is gonna make your gholes look useless as she can dodge them, that will force you to heal with your e with the minions, which is not effective at all, if you are playing against a bad riven, feel free to chose Yorick, but, as you never know, try to avoid going that way.
The only 2 remaining are the classics, the great CC Cho, and the awesome Trundle.
Recently i've faced some rengars that mid game start beeing hard, but not that match, i've only lost against 1 rengar who was pretty good, but if not, its not a big deal.

WTF!

OH wait,its Tiger-Roid from Kamen Rider ZX

-Pst! Riot, wanna see something like that in the next champ coming out-
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2012 11:40am | Report
Why not just use ap Master Yi against him? And I would say Shen just sustains through him and shields most of his damage. Oh, and don't forget top lane Nunu & Willump.
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2012 1:17pm | Report
Berzerk wrote:

Cho'Gath is strongest
Jax does decently
Riven can burst him at 6 if she all ins

Riven can burst him low from level 1 becuase of Yorick's ****ty first levels. Atleast if he doesnt play super defensive. If you go Wraiths before laning as Riven you can kill him as soon as you hit level 2. Riven has the AoE to kill his ghouls in a fight. Riven is resourceless and has great mobility.
I was born nude but now i am dude
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2012 1:18pm | Report
Nasus doesnt work well against him unless its a bad Yorick. Nasus has his lifesteal passive which can be used for ghouls, but the damage the ghouls do outdamages the sustain Nasus has very hard. Additionally, Nasus will get punishment from Yorick everytime he tries to CS.
I was born nude but now i am dude

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide