Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ziggs, Ability Reveal

Creator: Queso January 27, 2012 5:07pm
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 8:23am | Report
Viktor and Sejuani are both absolutely acceptably strong champions.

Viktor just takes a ******ed skill cap to play at max efficiency.

Sejuani is wayyyyy more powerful than people give her credit for. If you land a full combo on a squishy, you will (almost) kill them. She just also has an intricate skillset that requires more skill to utilize than lets sayyy Pantheon, or Gangplank, or Ashe. Your role isn't off tank either. It's dedicated tanking which is something not many people are interested in playing as you don't get 10/1 KDR, more like you'll have 1/5/20, but you were still a MAJOR part of your teams success.

Think about it. An ulti that is literally a cross between Ashe and Amumu (Which are a couple of the best ultis in this game STILL). A passive frozen mallet. A charge skill with AoE knockup that also applies your passive while damaging. Another skill that will further slow your enemies and do a decent amount of damage. Not to mention an AoE with RIDICULOUS scaling off of hp. Your AoE WILL be putting out 100-150 damage a second after you build a couple of health items. Not even major health items either. Just hp/lv seals, HoG, and a giants belt. Also after you get some CDR you can keep this AoE up almost nonstop. Also, did I mention that this AoE does increased damage to people that are affected by your passive?(We are creeping up on 200/sec, I haven't done the math with the passive scaling so don't hold me to it, but it cant be much less.) Sejuani is the most underrated champion upon release that I have ever seen.

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC.
Ziggs looks like another very high skill cap champion. Looks like tons of fun, but not instabuy status for me. I'm excited to see him in action, but I need hard numbers to even try to pass a decent judgment on him.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 9:36am | Report
Skill cap and skill set are 2 seperate things.

Viktor requires more intracate MICROmanaging where his Laser and Ulti are concerned. He isn't "difficult" in the sense that his abilities require anymore understanding than those of Cass/Ahri/Ez.

Viktor's PROBLEM revolves around his laser's narrow line attack, as well as the targeting mechanic... A skilled player with Viktor probably has no issues whatsoever because they have hit the skill cap. But NEW players who don't have time to devote to learning him on his free week might shy away from him because of his clunky nature. Which is where I expect Riot to make him (his skill set) more manageable. But I could be wrong.

Sejuani suffers from the same issues Leona did. I agree she is a strong champion but I feel her skill set is perfect as a semi support OT (think Taric but without a heal). I do not expect Sejuani to be a someone that gets kills but helps secure them with her perma slows. THIS is because Sejuani has no actual tank stat buff like Rammus/Malphite/Leona. Currently she suffers from long cool downs and inadequate jungle clear times (imo). But she's a gank "tank" as it were. Meant to constantly move from lane to lane and gank. Once they fix her up a bit she will REALLY come into her own.

Sejuani and Viktor have potential, but Riot needs to touch them up a bit IMO. So it's not that the champs aren't strong in their own right, nor are they overly difficult to play (to learn perhaps), they just need some QoL changes and Sejuani could use a few actual buffs.
Vilify
<Member>
Vilify's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 10:36am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

His R has longer range than Lux Laser, Discuss.

Oh glorious... I can see it now, poor Teemo recalling next to his turret... And then all of a sudden, *BOOM*.

I'm definitely instabuying this champion though. And I'll jungle him, just like I jungle Karthus...
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 10:49am | Report
Karthus doesn't have long cool downs...Im assuming Ziggs will have long cool downs because he's going to do a lotta damage...We'll see. His ganks would be potent I suppose.....
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 10:59am | Report
His ulti will either destroy, or be a complete fail like pantheons.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 1:54pm | Report

inadequate jungle clear times (imo).

lol wut. sejuani is a fast jungle clearer. stonewalls vid shows her clear at 3:48. her ganks are very strong (especially with red and e. double so with her ult) and she makes a great tank because of her massive cc and great damage.

the problem with sejuani is outside the fact that shes a mounted champion her design is a completely unoriginal combination of skills drawn from other champions and as such shes not that fun to play.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Music Lion
<Member>
Music Lion's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 5:31pm | Report
Yeah, this guy is an insta buy for me. As soon as I saw the preview I had to have him. The donut, goggles, the bombs.... I've always been a fan of bomberman since I was a kid, and Ziggs has got that same vibe coming from him. Plus I love champs that have every ability do damage ( Brand).
Reminds me of
So I'm getting this guy :D
Remember to +Rep if I helped out, and check out my Ziggs and Fizz guide!
Cale
<Member>
Cale's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 7:58pm | Report
I think that he is going to be my first insta-buy :)
Pelikins
<Member>
Pelikins's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 6:03am | Report
It's really hard to balance guys like this.

He'll either be super over-powered because it really won't be all that hard to land his attacks and his range/damage will allow him to go straight squish safely. Or he will be completely useless because his attacks will be easily dodged by the champions with no target lunges like Ezreal Gragas Fizz Kassadin Nidalee Vayne Renekton and Riven and those champions will take him out of the game in the lane phase.

I'm curious too see what this is like, but I have a feeling he will be either the new insta-ban or completely un-played a week after release...

New game mechanics make things fresh and interesting, but new usually translates to "too good" or "useless".

Edit: How could I forget the queen of free flashes and skill shot counter picks LeBlanc I see lots of 1st pick Ziggs being shut down hard by the seasoned and slippery LeBlanc players...
A tank that can't bring the hurt gets ignored.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 7:25am | Report
I'm getting him! Sounds awesome. :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide