Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ziggs Patch Preview

Creator: Wintermond January 27, 2012 5:45pm
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 8:02am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

4% does make difference

Sure does.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 8:09am | Report
Or it could make no difference at all. As is the "risk" with crit. BUT crit is also more plentiful than dodge was (especially after the dodge removal on PD T_T) which makes it a worthwhile investment.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 8:11am | Report
It sure as hell made a difference if you actually got one. 4% chance of an instant lane win is definitely worth taking.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 8:11am | Report

Or it could make no difference at all. As is the "risk" with crit. BUT crit is also more plentiful than dodge was (especially after the dodge removal on PD T_T) which makes it a worthwhile investment.

Taking something away from what it once was makes it a difference.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Mesima
<Member>
Mesima's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 8:14am | Report

Imma build him AD and troll...This guy is pretty much an instabuy for me because his theme is awesome not to mention he's "going to" do ****** amounts of damage...I play Cass/Ahri so skill shots and I know eachother intimately.

I play Ahri/Ezreal so I'm on the same page as you when it comes to skill shots. I might wait for his free week or I may just buy him right away lol.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 8:26am | Report
@Joobieo: In a philosophical discussion yes. But statistically 4% chance to crit is 4% chance to crit. However that is why it is called Crit CHANCE, not Crit assured. What I was saying was that crit had a chance to make a difference, but also had no chance at all in the same breath. Much like Dodge was, you simply can stack CrC because it is additive, not multiplicative like dodge. (Or I thought dodge was multiplicative) however until you achieved a reliable number, like 50% CrC your early game could have had no crits at all, or you could have had many crits.

@Mesima: Plus his skill set sounds like it will need planning, something I very much enjoy when I mid. Overall feels like he'll be a Nid/Viktor/Gragas/Tristana/Lux hybrid or something....Which sounds like fun ^_^
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 12:29pm | Report
Quoted:
Originally Posted by Classick 2012-01-27
Viktor will be getting some good quality of life buffs next patch, a couple that you mentioned in this post. We don't think Viktor needs any more damage, just some usability and reliability tweaks.

Quoted:
Originally Posted by Statikk 2012-01-27
Try Viktor out next patch with the improvements we made.

We agree that Viktor currently has some usability issues, but in terms of raw numbers Viktor's damage is actually quite high.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how much the upcoming changes help Viktor's overall playability.

Maybe finally Viktor will be playable?
He is gonna kill you!!!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 12:35pm | Report
It's not like he wasn't playable before. But I'm assuming they're going to fix his laser a bit (perhaps increase its AoE so it's a bit easier to land) maybe fix his stupid passive by making it well...IDK not a mediocre item that takes the place of an actual item....
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Listen guys.

The reason the 4% crit was too strong, was because you basically got it for free, with no penalty just for going 21-X-X.

Not because the 4% specifically was going to win you a lane.

They are fine with you using 4% worth of crit runes, because then you can't use those rune slots for anything else.

The 4% crit had no real alternatives for AD champions.
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2012 1:19pm | Report
And the AD per level will offer other alternatives?

I'm assuming it might be as much as .5/1/1.5/2 AD per level maybe a little more?

They're just limiting the RNG of the game and forcing people to invest in CrC if they REALLY want it.

Once again I consider this to be an indirect buff to Tryn/Ashe. By taking away other people's free chances to crit it gives them a slight advantage. Yes people can still rune CrC, but now they sacrifice other stats. Tryn and Ashe can just go ArP reds/Armor Yellows/AS Blues or MR Blues and w/e quints (I run 2 AS+ 1 ArP for quints)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide