Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

auto-correction needs updating

Creator: ShiftyCake May 19, 2012 3:33am
1 2
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2012 3:33am | Report
the auto-correction for words needs an update. I'm noticing that there is quite a few words that aren't contained in its database. I know that I can simply put it through word, but it diminishes the smooth feel of the system. It shouldn't be too hard to fix tbh and if it is I'm willing to do it. Unless I can't :/ but yeah, just something I noticed.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2012 5:57am | Report
could you give specific examples of the words that need an update?
ShiftyCake
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2012 6:03am | Report
I could give a couple, but my memory is bad. Do you need to know the specific ones that need updating? If you do, I'll list them as I find them.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2012 9:22pm | Report
Yeah please paste them in as you encounter them. The English language is vast and the way the filter works, it will end up with a lot of false positives, and I have to account for each one individually.

If you see a bunch on one page that are broken you can also link me to the page and I'll take a look myself.
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 12:59am | Report
I reported every censored word that should not be censored in this topic. That is, those that I encountered :p

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 1:08am | Report
@IceCreamy, I've got fixes in for those, will have the fixes up soon. I also spent some time today to write a script that will scan the entire guide database and list out all the words that it corrects, so I can manually verify that it is correcting the right things and fix the ones that shouldn't be filtered. I've found several now through that, it's still running (we have a lot of chapters!!!!).

Once that is done I'll put up all those fixes and there should be a lot less false positives :)
ShiftyCake
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 1:08am | Report
ohk then. I'll post them all here as I find them. Actually, I have a trick that might work...

EDIT #1: kk, that didn't work. The only other viable option I have to consider is going through each word separately. THE HORROR! I'll just post them as I find them I guess, it'll take too long the other way.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 1:18am | Report
Well, maybe hold on until I get these fixes up. It should correct a lot of them.

There is a flaw in how the whitelist works. Sometimes it confuses words and partially reverts them when it shouldn't. I will be coming up with a fix for this soon but for now we'll have to live with it :( "assess" is an example of this, due to limitations in the design of the profanity filter I cannot avoid filtering that word, for now.
ShiftyCake
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 1:20am | Report
I see...that's good enough for me. I didn't have much of a problem with it, I just thought it took away the overall smooth feeling of the system.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2012 1:57am | Report
Yeah, I'd like the filter to be as accurate as possible. Trying to get it to the point where there are almost no false positives, and it only filters words that are really necessary.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide