Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

bug in build/guide tool

Creator: bonr41R May 23, 2011 3:59pm
1 2
bonr41R
<Member>
bonr41R's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 3:59pm | Report
hey guys,

there is a bug in the build/guide tool.
The build's name won't be changed everywhere when it is altered it in editing mode.
At least in the view profile page under my builds, there's still the original name displayed.

would be nice to have that fixed :)

ty
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 4:02pm | Report
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/mobafire-support/current-list-of-known-server-issues-4961

already like 10000000 threads about this issue, please read the support threads before making a new one in case someone else has the same issue in the future :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 4:04pm | Report
Wrath, this is an unrelated issue.

Bonr41r, we're aware of this bug. However it's more a cosmetic issue than a actual problem as the name changes to last saved name when publishing. It will get fixed eventually, but it's not top priority :)
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2011 5:38pm | Report
The name WILL update, it just takes a little time. It's due to the system caching. When you publish your changes, a number of important things across the site get refreshed. However there is a line between keeping the pages up to date and overloading the system unnecessarily. Every page will eventually get refreshed (at this point there is a maximum wait of 24 hours), but not always instantly after you publish.

I should mention that in the past, some things had an infinite cache life and would only reset when you did something else to force it (ex. your profile would only reset when you edited it). I've recently changed this to enforce the 24 hour max life.

Hope that explains, sorry if it was a bit technical :)
bonr41R
<Member>
bonr41R's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 1:32pm | Report
Thanks guys for the quick response. I think 24 hours to wait for the caching interval is fine, at least compared with infinity :P
I like a good technical explanation 10000000 times more than any "read through all the other pages before you open a new thread" hint ^^
I see that there are some cosmetic issues with the build/guide tool since it is still a new feature, e.g. a drag&drop function would be nice.
It's a very nice site though.

BTW: build name did update after publishing.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 3:18pm | Report
x_x gee sorry but it sounded like a cache related-issue, which has been explained 1000 times before, which it was :P

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 5:33pm | Report
@wRAthoFVuLK, those caching issues from before WOULD have caused this particular issue :) They've all been fixed now though, so if it's still happening here then something else is wrong.

@bonr41R, are you saying the build name on your actual build didn't update? Or are you saying the name shown on certain other pages that list a number of builds didn't update? Ex. your profile page, homepage, champion page, browse page, boxes in the sidebar, etc... Just want to be sure.

The name on your build itself should update instantly, but the listings across the site might take a little time, or might need another trigger before they reset. Like I said, absolute worst case is 24 hours, but most likely it will happen much sooner than that.
bonr41R
<Member>
bonr41R's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 11:22am | Report
I'm explicitely talking about the name of my own build, can't speak for others.
I recognized it after saving a build when I go to "View Profile" and select "MY BUILDS" and when viewing the draft. See shots below.
I couldn't find my build in any other list, so I don't know if this happens somewhere else as well.

In this case "myTeam ^^" was the old build name and "my Team" is the new title.
This issue only accurs after clicking on the Save button. The title seems to get updated everywhere after clicking on Publish.

Obviously the responsible event triggers when publishing the build.
I guess it's not a caching issue. But I'm not the developer. ^^

EDIT: don't know whats wrong with the imagesm perhaps a chaching problem ;)
If images don't show and links work use the following, I hope this one works: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/16832624/1/moba?h=7c51d9
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 7:22pm | Report
images don't show O_O

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 7:31pm | Report
Odd. I will take a look!

Edit: I think the images don't work because Dropbox prevents you from embedding their files on other sites. It would swallow up their bandwidth if they let people do that :) I was able to see the images by copy/pasting the URLs into a new tab, without a referrer.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide