Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Game crashes each time I start a new match

Creator: Pwnsaw March 9, 2011 4:45am
1 2
Pwnsaw
<Member>
Pwnsaw's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 4:45am | Report
I can play the first one fine, however if i try to play a subsequent match using the quickmatch finder my comp crashes before the loading % screen. I've tried just about everything I can think of. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, I was using Zone Alarm for my firewall but I just uninstalled it and am now using the windows firewall. I've run RegCure, I've run avast! antivirus (free version). I've run the windows memory diagnostic tool. My drivers are all up to date so far as I know. My system specs are: Intel Core 2 Duo 8600 @2.4 Ghz, Ati Crossfire Mobility Radeon HD 3870 x2, 8 Gb DDR3 SO-DIMM 1066 (i think on the speed not sure on that though). My wifi card is an Intel wifi link 5300 AGN. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to include. I would deeply appreciate anyone who might be able to solve my issue, like I said before I've tried eveything I can possibly think of.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 4:51am | Report
Have you altered any of the League of Legends files? Are you using any software that enhances your computer? Are you overclocking?

Could be so many things. If you can't find the issue you could also try and reinstall :) Tedious, but might work!
Pwnsaw
<Member>
Pwnsaw's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 5:11am | Report
This is a post reinstall, I had just recently upgraded my RAM and my OS to windows 7, although I was having the same problem before that as well. Haven't played with any of the program files, I'm not using any comp enhanching software (i don't think anyway @_@) and I'm not overclocking, mostly because I don't know how :P I have problems with Starcraft 2 crashing as well, but that's usually when I exit the game completely and then try to relaunch.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 5:12am | Report
Yeah well I'm blank >_> I'm really sorry mate, but I just can't think of anything that can conjure up those issues :(
Pwnsaw
<Member>
Pwnsaw's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 5:15am | Report
It's ok, thanks for trying :] I'll figure it out one of these days. I even sent an e-mail to LoL support but they haven't gotten back to me yet
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 6:09am | Report
When you say "quick match" finder, do you click "play again" immediately after a game?

And when you crash, does your computer just freeze up or is it a blue screen error?
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 6:13am | Report
Disable the windows firewall (and any other too) if you haven't tried it yet.
Are other games working?

Also; a stable overclock doesn't affect anything. I've clocked mine as far as +35%, not stable though :S (only +27%stable).
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 6:16am | Report
A stable overclock doesn't, but who to say it was stable IF he was overclocking? :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 8:38am | Report
Well, it's recurring and always at the second match so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2011 8:48am | Report
Yup. But it had to be said so that everything was rules out :) But we're derailing! Anyone else that knows anything on this matter that could help?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide