Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guide Page Redesign Open Beta!!

Creator: Matt May 1, 2012 6:27am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 3:52pm | Report
Mildly related: There is nothing to the right of any guides on the old guide page.

EDIT: Not quite sure how it's caused because the sidebar's not showing on my Maokai guide while it is showing on both teemo guides I have.
EDIT2: One more bug, I can not click on any of the builds on my Maokai guide in the old format.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 4:36pm | Report
I tried your Maokai guide and everything seems fine? I can click the builds and the page isn't cut off anywhere. Is it still happening? I wonder if there's something happening with revisions. If that's the case it would only be affecting the author.
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 5:04pm | Report
Well, hate to say that I also am no fan of page skipping.

Why don't you just put all the stuff on one page, but in a fancy way and do it a little like solomid?! They have a tab in the top right corner that lets you jump to all the sections of interest by a mouse click.

If you could implement that on the right or left side, floating with the text you are reading, would easily allow you to navigate through long guides like hahano's jungler guides and jumping back and forth to points of interest. It is all about user convenience ;)

As you have planned to make the multi paged version an alternative for people with lousy internet or old computers, that is a fine move and I go ok with that, as long as one page versions are still an option.

Just my few cents.
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 5:20pm | Report
One page versions are still available, just like it is right now. Kind of like it's still possible to have one chapter guides, with line breaks for chapter breaks.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 5:53pm | Report
Matt, the new design looks nice and all, but I don't know if it's just my computer but it makes everything look smushed up, and I think will require the guide authors to edit their guides with more spaces and stuff.

I mean:

Old
New
Also, there's some floating icons I'm going to have to fix because they're organized like a staircase with the new version.

Lastly, are we allowed to control which version we want post-update?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 6:11pm | Report
Issues with the bbcode we will fix, that is not intentional. I suggest NOT reworking your bbcode yet, and instead pointing out any formatting that has changed between your old and new guides so that we can fix it for everyone!

At the moment only the author can decide whether to use the multi- or single-paged version. If the author adds any page breaks you will have the multi-paged version on the guide tab, if you do not add any page breaks you will have the single-paged version as it is now on the Builds tab. We had no plans to allow the readers to choose.

If people really don't like it, we could offer a "print" version that lists all chapters on one page... You would have to load up the guide then click "print" and then you'd have the full page version. We can also work on the navigation if you feel it is awkward finding what you want in the guides.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 6:26pm | Report
I've noticed another thing with the new format.

When I use the "numbered list" code. "[list=1]" actually pushes the number outside of the part where line dividers actually cover, which makes it look really strange.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 8:03pm | Report
This is pretty cool, when is it coming out?
Thanks to [/url]Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 9:41pm | Report
Pretty soon, we just have a few things to iron out! Hopefully some time this week.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2012 10:21pm | Report
We need more feedback so I have re-posted this in the news;

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/news/poll-guide-page-redesign-preview-14393

Locking this thread, we can continue the discussion there :)
1 2

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide