Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I'm going on Strike

Creator: beren911 September 14, 2010 2:51pm
15 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
beren911
<Member>
beren911's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2010 2:51pm | Report
You probably all know my opinion on thumb down without comment. I archived all of my build and wont be posting any time soon. I got some badass build all lined up, some for really hard to play character that i would love to share my knowledge about.

But some *******s in the community think they can make their build look better by downvoting all of the other build.
TO YOU, I hope you read this carefully.

What i want is simple; If i can get all the legendary Builder to archive all of their build and make them stop publishing, we can try and force the hands of the Admin of Mobafire.

Some people might say; Oh that dude must have his period or something, no dude, it's just a question of ******** respect. Right now i'm playing Karthus and i have this badass guide all perfected, but I'l never share it with anyone at the rate things are going. I took time to master a ******** super hard to play character and i dont feel like getting ****ted on if i decide to share what i know about him.

So who's joining me?
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2010 3:07pm | Report
Well it was even worst before :) so be happy
Dirty Goolash
<Veteran>
Dirty Goolash's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2010 3:28pm | Report
I would, but I don't have any good builds.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2010 5:35pm | Report

I would, but I don't have any good builds.

Ditto. I already archived mine.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2010 6:59pm | Report
i think i'll just stick to those champion guide thingys that i guess i started doing for now and just archive all my builds. its a waste of time tbh.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2010 9:03pm | Report
No more top Galio build ='[
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 3:03am | Report
ok, my voice in this is kinda similar.
The thing is that we cant say that MOBAFire is ignoring us. They are doing everything they can to keep us satisfied. They are communicating and stuff.

What would you do if a guy "X" downvotes your build, and types "lol this build sucks coz i got 0/20 with it", or even simple "lol" as a comment? You would take it and downvote his build. Coz you can. and he did it. MOBAFire staff is afraid of this kind of flame war behavior, and i think it is the thing that is concering them most.
Other way, you could make 2nd acc. On one, you would post your builds, on the other you will rank other ppl builds, while you will not touch thumbs buttons on your "guide acc". Simple way to remain anonymous (at least to others not admins here). As long as you dont doublevote on both accs and do a double thumbs down it would be more or less vital way to abuse the system.

It would be REALY REALY REEEEEALY awesome to get this thing going, you downvote and tell why, but we live in a real world, ppl here have their guides here, and so they will try to make their builds "best" even if they like the build but it is same champ build and it is realy close at rating to yours he will be tempted to downvote.

Recently i thought of an idea of rating that has popularity in the % number, so takes into consideration amount of comments/views not only rating. Coz at the moment the "best" build is the one with highest rating which is logical but is it realy the best?

I gave up on rating so i am barely voting nowdays. And i totaly dont look at +1 or -1. I care about comments, and for me a person that thanks me via comment for improving their performance is worth +over9000. If they grand me with their vote of +1, it is their way to say thank you.
I know i have the comfortable situation on having some good rated guides so ppl click em, but ppl still go and see guides that are still viewing guides that are at 66% level and not even in top 3.

Instead of going on strike and archieving your good builds, just leave it. screw the rating and just help ppl play better with (Galio?) via comments. Adding description, new tricks you learned and so on.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 3:41am | Report
Hey guys, we know this is a long time coming. We have a solution planned but it had to be put aside while we handled the server move - which is still eating up some of our time as we get things settled and catch up on bugs. As DEWO said, we are always listening and communicating openly, you do not need to resort to drastic measures. Just give us a little time, it is at the top of our list and will get done.

Edit: Just FYI, when it is done we will re-activate the reset system. You will be able to clear your votes and re-publish your build.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 3:41am | Report
Couldn't agree more.

My personal thought is: Do you make the builds for those downrating, those who actually read and learn from it, or for narcissistic reasons such as "I have the highest rated <champion> build! Suck it!".

And no.

"I got a legendary build on MobaFIRE.. Hehe, ohh yeeah.. So, my place tonight?".

It's not a good pick-up line.
beren911
<Member>
beren911's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 4:53am | Report
I dont post for rating, but i'm more pissed at some people of the community who just downvote everything but their build;

Apart from taking vote only from member, we should not allow members to downvote as much as they want, mobafire should implement a quota, like 5 downvote per week or something like that...

asnd the thing is, highest the score is; highest is the chance of being read, and i just dont want my builds to finish bottom cause some spiteful *******s downvoted when it got published.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide