Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I'm going on Strike

Creator: beren911 September 14, 2010 2:51pm
15 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 6:06am | Report
5 downvotes per week? and what about rest?

Imagine. A person reads and rates 50% of the builds that are created daily. IDK the exact amount but there is quite some. lets say its 100 guides per day (it is way more imho like 150?)
If i can downvote only 5 of those 100 what should i do with the rest? Not mentioning another 600 i will get in next 6 days. Totaly undoable.

The only thing that comes to my mind is making voting a more lucrative thing. Like giving only active members a permission for vote. (1st week a trial acc than if you have XX posts (35 as an example) you can rate). This will stop another problem with fake accs also a bitsy.

As Matt said, give them some time, lets see what those freaks invented that they dont want to tell us yet :P.

Best way to stay mentally calm... ignore the voting. And repost this freaking guide. It was good and alot of Galio players sux XD
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Marked4Death
<Member>
Marked4Death's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 3:36pm | Report
I hear you man. i posted a build, got spam downvoted for 3 days.... Changed my build to something that was working for me even better, re created my guide, and got spam down voted again. I asked matt to delete the shady votes which he did, but the rest?

I don't like how someone can down vote a guide for something as stupid as "I want my build to be NUMBER ONE"

Or even.... "oh he got this item, i'd get this instead, -1"

There has to be a better way, or those of us that write decent guides that are full of character and knowledge will just have to stop. I put A LOT of work into my guide, a good 3 hours in total, not including little fixes i do to it. And i know my item build, masteries, and runes work. I do very well with them, and so do my friends. So i highly doubt that the volume of people reading my guide have a good reason to -1

Also... if you look at like every build on mobafire, EVEN the TOP RATED builds. They have way more down votes than up votes. They just seem to survive on the ups they actually got to combat all the downs.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 6:32pm | Report
If we archive our builds can we the "author" still be able to unarchive them and be able to see them while archived?
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 6:40pm | Report
Yes, for now you can un-archive builds. However I strongly advise that you don't archive your build unless you intend it to be permanent. We allowed un-archiving in the event that it was done by mistake, but I can't guarantee you will always be able to do this.

In particular there is no need to do it to make a statement, as doing so will not affect our decision any more than discussing it openly with us will. Archiving your builds in this way only serves to hurt the community and cause you to miss out on exposure and votes.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 15, 2010 8:54pm | Report
im still keeping my builds archived. they weren't great tbh and i'd rather "start anew"
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide