Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Images not working

Creator: Deathblack March 10, 2012 9:30am
47 posts - page 2 of 5
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2012 11:13pm | Report
Matt wrote:

What region of the world do you guys live in? Our images are served from a CDN, content delivery network, which means there is a number of servers all around the world and when you load an image it will come from the server closest to you. If that sever is having issues you won't be getting any images, while everyone else in other regions doesn't have a problem.

We don't have control over these servers so there's not much we can do, but if it happens frequently and for frustratingly long periods let us know your region and we'll harass the provider to find out what's going on.

I think this problem is affecting everyone in Mobafire who has images in their guides. I'm in the pacific region and its affecting me. I use firefox.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:20am | Report
Well I'm west coast and I am not having any troubles with images. So you're still having issues right now? Exactly where in the pacific region are you? What state for example, or better yet if you don't mind sharing, what city? I will contact our image host with that info and ask what is going on.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 12:21am | Report
no no no =P no troubles now

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Anhedonist
<Member>
Anhedonist's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 10:49am | Report
I'm in Birmingham, Alabama receiving the same issue for the past 2-3 days now. Of course, I also tried clearing cache several times with no luck.
(I even had to wait for the missing image icon to pop up to hit send)
evanxcs
<Member>
evanxcs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 2:10pm | Report
So, the image problem is back again in Nashville, TN (for me at least).

Looking at Firefox's error console shows a ton of warnings(one example below), and one error (also below). I have no idea if these are helpful or not!

It was working briefly very late last night/early today, but is now back to not loading images. The image problem has been pretty consistent over the last week.

Warning: Expected ',' or '{' but found 'html'. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.
Source File: http://www.mobafire.com/css/merged.25913.css
Line: 137

Error: Permission denied for <http://view.atdmt.com> to call method Location.toString
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 10:24pm | Report
For those still having the problem is it ALL images across the site or only a specific few?

Note that Firefox's error console tracks errors across every site you visit as well as from advertisers. So that permission denied error is not from us, I don't recognize the domain. The one above it is, I will investigate that.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2012 10:26pm | Report
Ah ok, those CSS warnings you are seeing are because of statements that are there for compatibility with other browsers, mainly IE. Firefox just ignores them and carries on, it issues a warning but that's expected. So that is not the issue with your images.

If it's only specific images that don't work for you, let me know which images those are as there may be a bug. If it's ALL images, then it's our CDN host and I need to go yell at them.
evanxcs
<Member>
evanxcs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 12:20am | Report
Thanks for the help! I love the site!

I tried to clear the console and reload the mobafire page I was looking at to make sure the errors/warnings were site specific, but I must have failed!

It's basically every image, and it's particularly noticeable on the guide pages (because there are so many pictures, icons, etc.). It looks a lot like the first poster's picture, with none of the masteries, skill orders, and spells loading. I'd post my own picture, but the buttons for posting on these forums are also not appearing (for example, to quick reply this message I randomly clicked on the left side underneath the text box until it posted.

Another thing I noticed is at the bottom of Firefox, it continually says "connecting to edge2.mobafire.com" or sometimes "edge1.mobafire.com", as if the page is still trying to fully load.
evanxcs
<Member>
evanxcs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 12:36am | Report
Found out how to get a picture up for you without the GUI (not a programmer!!). As you can see no images are loading!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 1:58am | Report
Alright, so it is our CDN failing. I will contact them now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide