Notification when someone quotes you

Creator: Kirluu January 9, 2012 5:05am
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 9, 2012 5:05am | Report
Hey MOBA.

I just came upon this. I can only imagine that some people must have requested to know who they are +Repped from before, but that's not what I'm asking.

This system would only be counting if you are not quoted within a quote, meaning that only direct quotes would make the notification appear. This way you won't get spammed when someone quotes a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote, and another quotes just that. Not that I see that too often, but in the case of it, it would be quite annoying, I suppose.

Anyways, some of the possibilities this grants, is that it enables you to follow up on conversations you have with someone else, as well as people who choose to +Rep someone for something, can quote what they say, or just part of what they said (the funny part), and say that they +Repped. - This is something that loads of people do already, and it's a pain to look through all your posts to try to find a post that says "+Rep" after yours.

Anyways. ^Just a thought.

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 9, 2012 3:07pm | Report
Currently we receive notifications of nothing, so getting a note saying we've been quoted seems to be of little significance compared to getting a notification about our guides/threads/replies to our comments.

I don't mind the idea, but it doesn't really seem that entirely necessary.

What would be nice is if you could "tag" someone in your post, and get a notification that way.

So if I wrote something in the Off Topic forum but forgot about it, someone could reply to my comment with @jhoijhoi, and it'd send me a notification. This has been discussed elsewhere and I still think it's a solid idea.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 18, 2012 1:30am | Report
Yeah someone also suggested that when you write @jhoijhoi it notifies you. I think both are awesome ideas. We definitely need a comprehensive tracking and notification system. One of these days :)
Kurt_Ottman
<Member>
Kurt_Ottman's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 18, 2012 2:20am | Report
So this only applies to @jhoijhoi™ ?

Just kidding, I like your idea :)
There is no victory without humility.

You need to log in before commenting.