Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

[Poke] Updating the FAQ Threads

Creator: jhoijhoi May 17, 2012 8:11pm
Should the stickied threads be updated?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2012 8:11pm | Report
Just a friendly poke. The FAQ wiki article is pretty much done and I think it'd be helpful if the sticked threads were deleted/updated/replaced with a link to the FAQ wiki article.

Thoughts?

So instead of a sticky like this http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/forum/general/frequently-asked-questions-read-me-6381 (with multiple different threads with varied responses/links in all the subforums), the FAQ Wiki Article will take its place.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2012 11:36pm | Report
You should probably delete them entirely and put the FAQ at a main part of the website, so people can see it. I just saw the wiki part in the Game Data box, just place it there. You may get a question or two sometimes asking about where it is, but it's a lot more preferable then having to go through every sticky thread; it'd just be a mess.

Of course, that leaves the problem of specific sticky threads. Like, for instance, Forum Rules and Behaviour.

scrap that. Instead of deleting them, we should have one sticky thread for each forum part. This would allow you to keep a sticky thread for all the ones that are specific to that forum part.

So there are 13 forum parts, each part would contain maybe 5 sticky threads. You would have to maintain 65 different sticky threads on a general basis. If we reduced it down to one sticky thread for each forum part, and put all the links to the wiki for all the sticky threads, then it will become much more manageable.

I hope I'm making sense, but that's jsut a thought.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 1:06am | Report
One Global FAQ sticky in each forum would be fantastic. I still would like a FAQ bar at the top of the page. Will go bump that idea ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
ShiftyCake
<Member>
ShiftyCake's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 2:21am | Report
Oh yes, just had a glance at the other topic. It seems like a good idea, but wouldn't it reduce the forum page named "Support" to basically nil? Also, the names will confuse people seeing as the Support page isn't only about needing help.

SO here's a suggestion. How about under the new bar you put up, you have a page where people can type there more complicated problems in. It could be like a topic page, or you could format it differently. That's for you to decide, but doing that allows the "Support" page to be changed to the "Suggestions" page.

In doing so, we have sorted out the names and allowed two things to happen:

1. It is much easier to access the more complicated problems for the people who are making them and the people who are answering them. You can also code it to have an automatic build-in for answered questions into something like "Intricate Questions Hub" in the bar (because you don't have the suggestions in there).

2. The support pages becomes the Suggestions page, and now you have a separate Support page. This means the people who wish to see new suggestions doesn't have to scroll through support, and the people who wish to see support don't have to scroll through suggestions.
thanks Hogopogo for the banner :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide