Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Resetting the score on your guide?

Creator: Adonikam December 9, 2010 6:38am
1 2
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 6:38am | Report
Hey, wondering how you reset the votes for your guide?
I remember it being mentioned somewhere but I don't know how to do it. The reason I want to is that I published my new build and literally I refreshed the page and it was down-voted -.-

Thanks for help guys!

Silly trolls, no supper for you!
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 8:52am | Report
That was a temporary feature offered to a limited selection of builds after we did a major overhaul of the score system. If people want it to be a regular feature we can discuss it, but that wasn't our original intention.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 3:24pm | Report
Oh That's alright Matt! I don't want to put you guys out or anything, it's just damn annoying. Thanks anyway!
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 5:01pm | Report
Well, if people actually do want be able to reset scores let us know :) If we could do it in a way that couldn't be abused it might be ok. Like, one reset per guide or something like that.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 5:27pm | Report
That'd be great, I'd like that, but of course there are higher priority things you're working on though right?

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 5:49pm | Report
Yeah, one reset per guide would do pretty good in my eyes.

I do have an archived Ezreal build. I was wondering if you could wipe comments as well...? O.o

They are quite degrading...well, it. Or I could stop being lazy and just make a new guide, lol.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 6:19pm | Report
lol if you want a new score, would it be ok to copy your build, and then archive it?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2010 11:32pm | Report
TBH i thought it was a standard option not a temporary thing. Keeping 1 reset per guide would be a good standard build in thing. Instead of archving a build you could totaly rework your one and put it again into pool. That will also reduce the size of database :P

But. That feature had 1 flaw. It should also remove all "views" since when i redid my Veigar build it stayed with all the "views" and it was considered a "new" build, so main page saw it under most viewed new guide.

IDK about the comments too. Coz this will also flaw the build in top commented new build probably and IDK if it is possible to not delete the comments but reset the number on the guide.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2010 12:40am | Report
Archive old build and copy to a new one is fine, I don't see why that would be a problem.

The purpose of the one time score reset would be if you got a lot of negative votes, then made a pile of improvements and wanted a second chance. Doing something like getting a pile of views and then swapping the champion out for a newly released champion to jump to the top of the listings would be an abuse of the system.

We could resolve most of the issues either by not resetting the publish date when you wipe the score, or by also wiping the views and comments, but both of those have their own issues.

Really you shouldn't be able to change the champion after you publish a guide though, there's no real reason to and if anything it's misleading. Your old score, views and comments are not for this new build. On a team build maybe, if you're doing something like comparing multiple builds or such, but if it's just a single champion build there's no (good) reason to do it?
Eskimo
<Member>
Eskimo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2010 1:27am | Report
Sorry if I am just jumping in on a topic, specially since it's my first time posting. But I been thinking a lot about this because of patches. But wouldn't it be a good idea to allow a reset if the build was edited after a patch? Or if there was a change at all. This would give people a change to revote and notice the changes. I have seen that in a lot of the comments people argue about the votes and no comments, and a few that do change their guides based on the advice from other users. I just think the votes should someone reflect on this as well.

Guess I am just rambling or my thought just isn't organized XP
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide