Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Suggestion: Build Word Count

Creator: Zeprido February 8, 2011 6:23pm
1 2
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 6:23pm | Report
In the middle of writing a guide, it certainty would be conveniently awesome to have a built in word count for each chapter/section with a total at the top/bottom.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Cháncellor
<Member>
Cháncellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 6:40pm | Report
To be honest, if youre just trying to make a build to meet the minimal word count so you can throw it out there, its gonna be met with hostility.

Try to include as much information/tips/combos or whatever else you can think of so anyone who looks at your guide doesnt walk away with questions. Youll feel good about it and everyone who reads your guide will tell you how good it is. You WANT to look at the guide building process by wanting to have the highest rated guide on here. No one should want to be second.

Players come here to get spoon-fed all of their wanted information, dont disappoint them by not obliging. ;]
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 6:43pm | Report

To be honest, if youre just trying to make a build to meet the minimal word count so you can throw it out there, its gonna be met with hostility.

Try to include as much information/tips/combos or whatever else you can think of so anyone who looks at your guide doesnt walk away with questions. Youll feel good about it and everyone who reads your guide will tell you how good it is. You WANT to look at the guide building process by wanting to have the highest rated guide on here. No one should want to be second.

Players come here to get spoon-fed all of their wanted information, dont disappoint them by not obliging. ;]

Not at all, I'm trying to create a relatively thorough guide, just hate having to individually copy/pasting content into word to figure out if I'm including enough information based on my standards. Trying to make this a "guide" not a "build" =)
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 6:54pm | Report
I imagine that the feature would only be useful for avid guide makers who really want to know how long each section is, and to be honest, most of those people probably don't really mind pasting into word that much. It's a little annoying, but not difficult, and not that time-consuming either.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 7:03pm | Report

I imagine that the feature would only be useful for avid guide makers who really want to know how long each section is, and to be honest, most of those people probably don't really mind pasting into word that much. It's a little annoying, but not difficult, and not that time-consuming either.

Yeah, this is correct, but as stated in the OP it is for convenience and it's just a suggestion =/
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 8:01pm | Report
I don't see any harm. I'll add it to the list, but it might be a while before we get to it as there's a lot of higher priority stuff :)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 8:04pm | Report
Matt, out of interest, what is on the "list" thus far? :D
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 10:25pm | Report
It is a very long list :) We have a list of smaller items (bugs, quick features, tweaks). Then a second, separate list of larger items and projects to expand the site. Too lazy to count how many are in there but suffice to say we won't be running out of work any time soon!
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2011 11:11pm | Report
FEATURE ADDED!

1. Ctrl+C
2. Open Word Document
3. Ctrl+V
4. Go to word statistics
5. CLICK!
6. Profit :)
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2011 12:25am | Report
It's more like this actually for exact amount as I prefer not to copy pictures...
1. Go to Guide
2. Select Text
3. Ctrl+C
4. Open Word Document
5. Ctrl+V
6. Repeat steps 1-5 14 times
7. Check word count
8. Profit....
9. Be sad that 2-3 minutes were just wasted

Matt wrote:

It is a very long list :) We have a list of smaller items (bugs, quick features, tweaks). Then a second, separate list of larger items and projects to expand the site. Too lazy to count how many are in there but suffice to say we won't be running out of work any time soon!

Thanks for the reply Matt!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide