Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The front page and positive traffic

Creator: Trophycase June 17, 2011 1:28pm
1 2
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2011 11:42pm | Report
Don't look at the votes look at the view count! ;)

And why were you quoting me lol? I can't tell if you were angry at me or using me as an example for something o.0
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Trophycase
<Editor>
Trophycase's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2011 12:32pm | Report
Adonikam wrote:

Don't look at the votes look at the view count! ;)

And why were you quoting me lol? I can't tell if you were angry at me or using me as an example for something o.0

I quoted you to use you as an example of how troll votes make it difficult to separate the good guides from the bad.
Check out my Swain, Taric, and Ashe guides!
No guides currently in progress!
If I helped you at all, give me a +Rep please, thanks!
Also check out my stream!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2011 2:20pm | Report
I know I had to archive my guides to stop the troll votes, but that's expected since it is a support guide.

And 85% may seem a bit low, but most guides with 90+ score are just from the time that c2v was always enabled. The latest guides that made it to the 90% mark are general guides that post redundant and obvious information. You can't really disagree with it but it doesn't teach much as well, and unfortunately people upvote these past their deserved score.

If you're really looking for a guide I suggest you either check the recommended guides or just go to solomid. Honestly, I just don't trust mobafire members to choose the guides for me by giving it a good score.

Still, there's always guides we don't like, but you shouldn't bash them outside in other threads, including the support section. Naming the guides you don't like is just a bit low.
Trophycase
<Editor>
Trophycase's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 8:31pm | Report
Yes I agree that while naming guides is a bit low, I need some evidence to back up my claims. While certainly these are by no means bad guides, I just feel they are a bit high for what they are trying to tell you.

Either way it is just a bit frustrating to see... and experience.
Check out my Swain, Taric, and Ashe guides!
No guides currently in progress!
If I helped you at all, give me a +Rep please, thanks!
Also check out my stream!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 2:00am | Report
In the end, isn't the goal to be seen? Don't you WANT more people to see your guide? You should be excited to hit the home page, regardless of what affect it might have on your score. It's your 5 minutes (or 30 days!) of fame. If hitting the home page was such a clear cut result (sheep or troll votes) then the same thing would happen to every guide that hits the home page, but it doesn't.

The votes are a representation of how much the general public likes a particular guide. If users generally prefer one guide over another, regardless of what your opinion is, we need to promote that guide more and show it to people. As was said above, that is the thing that people enjoy about the MOBAFire guides system - we are totally open, anyone can post and anyone can rise to the top, if people like their work.

That being said, we provided the Veteran recommendation system as a way to help promote guides that deserve to be seen despite what their score is. This is similar to what some other sites do in cherry picking the top guides, without compromising the open format of the site. The combination of the open scoring system and the closed recommendation system gives a lot of options in helping users find guides that they will like.

The C2V system helps protect your guide during its early "incubation" period. If you find you rise quickly and hit the homepage then suddenly drop, there is probably more going on than just "I got seen and now everyone trolls me".

Further, we have now split general guides and team guides out from many places on the site to further promote the best straight champion guides.

Anyways, if you REALLY think the scores are incorrect, go vote! Vote, vote, vote.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide