Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Champ w/ Lane Presence that Also scales well?

Creator: DeadlOMFGBEES November 4, 2012 8:40am
DeadlOMFGBEES
<Member>
DeadlOMFGBEES's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:40am | Report
Hey,

So from my time in LoL, it seems like there are mostly 2 types of champs - those that dominate lanes and fall off as the game gets longer, or those that just try to survive laning and scale into late game. Most of the champs I play with are in the former group (leblanc, pantheon, even lee sin to a certain extent falls off). And I get frustrated cuz even games where I am like 6/1/9 or something I can lose very easily because my champs don't scale well.

However, I love the feel of putting pressure on lanes, and sometimes in my low elo games, they rarely last past 20-25 minutes anyway (or at least arent close after that). So some champs like Nasus, Kog'Maw, i'm sure there are others, are tough just because they want NO action until they are farmed, and get bullied so easily.

So maybe I am asking for something that would be blatantly OP here, but are there any champions that scale very hard into late game, but also have at least a decent laning presence? PArticularly, any ability to get a kill in lane 1v1? Not so concerned about role, prefer a mid or top solo champ, but junglers can work too. Just got frustrated with being so underwhelming late game compared to others, but I don't wanna completley give up my ability to lane aggressively.

Thanks! any suggestions welcome!
Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 9:52am | Report
Yorick/Jayce/Rumble imo have very strong lane presence and become very threatening lategame.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
That Trev Person
<Member>
That Trev Person's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 11:15am | Report
I agree with anastasios, although the way I build Yorick, he's sorta reliant on his teammates in order to "scale" well. Jayce and Rumble definitely, however. Some other suggestions might be:

Vayne, Tristana both have the potential for very aggressive lanes and scale extremely well into the late game in terms of the AD carry role.

Kayle is also a solid top laner that is strong at all points in the game. This is especially true early on, when a lot of melee top laners outright can't deal with her at all.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 11:18am | Report
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 12:36pm | Report
Karthus has almost no presence in his own lane, his pressure is mostly felt in bot and top.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 12:38pm | Report
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 12:43pm | Report
Ezreal, Diana (despite her melee range she has amazing presence in mid), Sona, Cho'Gath, are some of my favorites.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide