Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Consistency with Fizz

Creator: Buranri August 23, 2012 10:41pm
1 2
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:41pm | Report
How do I be consistently good with Fizz? I'm so on and off with him. I'll have games where I get a good start and end up going 32/7. I'll have other games (more often, unfortunately) where I just get harassed out of any CS, constantly forced to recall, and I end up 0/8 (that happened 10 minutes ago). How do I maximize the games where I manage to not feed early game? Fizz is insane once I get a few kills and get on my feet, but the early game is rough.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:43pm | Report
Good runes are step one. Step two is to learn what you can and cant do. Basically just play him EVERY game against EVERYTHING. Yes you will fail a lot but we learn from our failures, not our successes.
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:25pm | Report
I'm level 22, so I don't have a completely full runepage. I'm using a pretty generic AP page though - MP marks, armor seals, cooldown glyphs, and AP quints. Unfortunately that's the rune page I don't have much tier 3 on, though.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 11:39pm | Report
Mres glyphs, get them ASAP!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 12:09am | Report
Maybe you could tell us a bit about how you are playing against what matchups?

That way we can determine what you are doing wrong and what is causing your consistency.

Example:

I was laning against a Brand and beat him by using playful/trickster to jump to him and Urchin Strike to damage him

etc.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 7:57am | Report
The biggest issue im sure you're having is exactly this: Fizz is a situational champion. He does not work well against alot of champions, especially ones that are not completely skillshot reliant. Try laning against Cassiopeia or Ryze and you are going to get your **** wrecked. Lane against someone like Karthus or Ahri and you will probably do right. Go onto some websites and find out who Fizz counters, and play against those champs. This link in particular should do you some serious good: http://www.lolcounter.com/search.php?search=fizz And of course, what other people have said, fizz is fairly rune dependent. Dont expect god level play until you get an AP runepage.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 8:23am | Report
Sure. Most recent game, I was laning against Diana. I attempted to stay safe for a few levels until I got my Q and W up, but every time I tried to go in and farm she would hit me with that curvy spell (not sure the name) and I'd be forced to retreat. By 15 minutes or so, she killed me a few times, was up a few levels, and had way more cs. I never recovered, and we surrender at around 25.

Overmyynd - yep, I'm sure that's part of it. I'm not 30 so no drafts, which means I end up against a random champion. Perhaps playing Fizz in normals isn't the best plan?
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 11:45am | Report
Probably not. He gets easily countered by range and hard CC. However i wouldnt totally give up on it, learning to play against your 'counters' makes you a better player overall. For example, i can usually do decently against most champs, destroy some, and come out even or a little behind for others. there really arent any that decimate me in lane as fizz. all it takes is a little coordination with your jungler, get a couple of early kills, and even your counters stop being scary at all, and you can harass and bully them all you want.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 12:14pm | Report
Which is a challenge when 9/10 times, there is no jungler unless I do it. Does any of this get easier at 30?
TheMasterSherpa
<Member>
TheMasterSherpa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2012 2:39pm | Report
Hey there Buranri,

Pretty much echoing everything that has been said here about Fizz. There are definitely a number of lane opponents that our little fish will have trouble with. And let's just face it, melee AP champs are going to have a tough time for the first few levels - especially Fizz, who unlike some others (i'm looking at you Gragas) has no sustain in those first few levels.

So basically, yea, you are definitely adding to your troubles by not having full runes and also by being in games without junglers. Since fizz really should not push the lane at ALL early, there will typically be some gank opportunities for you and your jungler early. This is especailyl nice with a CC heavy jungler ( Alistar, [Maokai]], Nautilus, etc.) because Fizz can react VERY well to a gank. You can close the distance super fast and dish a ton of damage. So in that regard, it WILL get easier with levels and playing in more "meta-friendly" games.

But just always keep your goal as Fizz in mind. Your burst is INSANE. You are trying to instagib your opponent or a squishy in a teamfight, and get out. Fizz is a great champ to learn about openings in teamfights and proper positioning. Basically, if you get caught, you're a goner, but Fizz has so much mobility that he can be very tough to catch. As I'm sure you've noticed, when you land your full combo, it's just ridiculous.

Which is really what makes Fizz so enjoyable to play. Again, there are definitely bad matchups that have been mentioned. Ryze is definitely the worst in my mind. Cassio is bad, but again, as Fizz, you can MAKE BIG PLAYS. You don't know how many times I have just driven a cassio mad with clutch Q's, e's, and a flash to dodge her poisons and ult. Those kind of plays are what make fizz absolutely awesome.

Anyway, I believe you're signed up for the inhouse tonight! Since we've never met, HELLO! I'll be there too, might even play fizz if the opportunity presents itself. I'll try not to feed too hard if you're on my team :| . Let me know if ya have any questions!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide