Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

(EUNE) Looking for a mentor carry

Creator: DisturbedFox June 4, 2012 11:10am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 11:10am | Report
Right, so I'm a lvl12 summoner, currently playing as Ezreal and I'm not really good, so I'm looking for a mentor who can help me out. Any advice is appreciated!

IGN: DisturbedFox(EUNE)
Steam: akadarkshadow
LockCORE
<Member>
LockCORE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 2:52pm | Report
Learn to get used to using smart casting (Holding SHIFT + Q, W, E, R.) it is the core skill of pro Ezreal players. Not trying to be mean by the way, but it is what separates the bad from the good. Also do you play him as AP or AD? I personally find my dps much better as AD.
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 12:08am | Report
Alright, I'll try that. And I'm playing AD Ez.
LockCORE
<Member>
LockCORE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 5:25pm | Report

Alright, I'll try that. And I'm playing AD Ez.

Both AD and AP Ez are viable choices. It simply depends on what you feel more comfortable with using. Nevertheless be sure to try out smart casting. You'll notice you are able to fire off your skills quicker and pull in those kills (Especially when they are running away, low health, and you pop off your ult to chase them).

Q -> W -> E -> Q -> R

or

E -> Q -> W -> R -> Q

That combo I have found tends to take out my enemies quickly enough early levels. But remember, Ezreal isn't the best team fighter, he excels mostly in 1v1. HOWEVER if you just recalled, or are wandering around and you see your team in a team fight away from you, don't be afraid to pop of your ult towards that team fight. Try to hit as many of them as you can to lower their health so your team can finish them off and remain alive.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 9:53pm | Report
You can also switch your keybinds so that smartcasting is default QWER and targeted casting is Shift + QWER. I did this and have been very happy with it, I also play EZ a lot. It lets you get off / combo your spells a lot faster.

You can add me (Mowen) but I will say I'm pretty busy, so I don't know when / if I will get the time to mentor you. :(

Landing skillshots comes with practice. You will learn how to better predict people's movements and the time it will take for your skill to hit them by just practicing.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 11:33pm | Report
ya that's what I do :O except I don't even bind normal casting haha

but for real, at level 12, you can't expect to be that good unless you've played another moba like dota or hon

the best way to get better at that level is to simply play ;o

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2012 11:04am | Report
Yeah, practice makes perfect. Also I just realize you're on EUNE and that's the one place I don't have an acct. >.< Sorry
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 3:55am | Report
Mowen wrote:

Yeah, practice makes perfect. Also I just realize you're on EUNE and that's the one place I don't have an acct. >.< Sorry

That's.. bad :C

Alright guys, thanks for the advice. I used to queue with my lvl 30 friend, fighting against 20+ levels(and it was really hard). Now, when I queue alone, I feel like I'm among noobs :X It's just too easy to kill people now :D
For example, I queued for a 5v5 summoners' rift game, went mid against enemy Kassadin. Killed him like 2 times in first 8-10 minutes of the game. I even got a double kill when they tried to gank me. The rest of the game I was 2-4 levels ahead of the entire enemy team :)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 11:55am | Report
Nice. :)

I've been queueing with lvl 30's on my EUW account, and I totally feel noob even though I have a level 30 account on NA.

It's just hard to be at a rune / mastery disadvantage.
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 4:07am | Report
BEST SLAPPIZ EU!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide