Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Forgiving champions (new player)

Creator: SparrowOne March 9, 2016 8:07am
SparrowOne
<Member>
SparrowOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2016 8:07am | Report
Hi people,

So I just started playing a few days ago so there's a lot to learn and a billion champions to get over time.
A friend of mine gave me the advice to start with champions like Ashe and Sivir so I did. I kinda like how they feel actually. But as I'm new I have no clue if they're in a good spot atm or they're broken badly.

Anyhow, I then got Master Yi to try some melee and I still need to get used to that as I tend to take chances I maybe shouldn't.
- but ranged is more my style of play.

What I would like some help for is a list or a mention of some of the more forgiving champions for a new player - if such a thing exist. So far I have about 1500 IP so the 6300 champions are not extremely relevant atm.

So far I have only played against bots and mainly as top or bot laner. Maybe that's to be taken into account.

Hope you can help a new player out.
Roguish Bard
<Member>
Roguish Bard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2016 8:21am | Report
Ashe and Sivir currently stand on the lower end of viability for ADC's. Instead I'd recommend Ezreal or Tristana (She's free with a skin if you like their facebook page or something).

As for top you could give Garen or Ryze a go, they are pretty cheap and reletively easy to play.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2016 9:15am | Report
If you want tossing stones from afar on champions that are strong at the moment I recommend Lux (3150 IP) and Ezreal (4800 IP). Those two are really strong and very useful to learn some of the stuff you'll need to learn as you start playing the game.

Other good "range" picks are Corki (a tad bit hard to play properly), Miss Fortune (really fun, strong and 3150 IP) and Xerath/ Vel'Koz (not particularly strong and quite expensive, but they excel at long range damage).

I also recommend you play some tanks or tanky fighters, to try a different play pattern. A great champion for this is Garen, but you can also try Dr. Mundo and Malphite. All of those are 1350/450 IP and quite strong right now.

Lots of people enjoy big range OR big tanks as soon as they pick the game, and they are great starting points to polish the extremes to be better prepared for the middle ground.
SparrowOne
<Member>
SparrowOne's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2016 2:23am | Report
Thanks for your comments. There's some champions there for me to read up on. At first glance (youtube) I must say that Lux and Tristana seem rather exciting.
SoulNibbler
<Member>
SoulNibbler's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2016 12:23pm | Report
For ADC, Try Miss Fortune.
Morgana is also very safe if you like ranged mage.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2016 10:20am | Report
Cho'Gath is also a good tanky melee champion to start out with I think. He (it?) is usually played top or mid. There aren't many ranged (solo) top lane champions, and the ones that do exist ( Lissandra, Gnar) aren't forgiving and not cheap either I'm afraid. Of course you can do whatever you like though, especially when you're new to the game it's fun to experiment.

The usual advise is to start playing against people as soon as possible. You'll be matched fairly and you will learn a lot more.

Have fun!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2016 1:56pm | Report
Hi there,

I'm surprised this champion didn't get mentioned yet, but Poppy sounds great for you. She's tanky and has a spell which knocks enemies back immensely far, which means she can't be punished really hard. The rest of her kit is quite easy as well, so she should be easy to pick-up.

I also want to recommend you to try out mid-lane sometime. It is not very different from top-lane, but gives you a new champion-pool with which you can get even more knowledge of the game. If you're thinking of following this advice, champions such as Annie (450 IP) and Twisted Fate (1350 IP) are great starters.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them. The MobaFire community will help you out anytime :)

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide