Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

From High 900 ELO to Low 1400 ELO: Ask Me...

Creator: EVILISLEMONS October 1, 2012 6:46am
1 2 3
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 10:30pm | Report

What about lemonparty?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 6, 2012 10:39pm | Report
Do you like starfruit?
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Seikon
<Member>
Seikon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 8:09am | Report
What do you do when you have 1 champion that you're really good at, but ***hats keep calling and taking your lane, forcing you play something else that you're not as good at and only to have that said ***hat feed and lose the game for you and you drop further and further down the ELO Hell hole and the 'new' ***hats are getting worse and worse...?
Blze001
<Member>
Blze001's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 1:53pm | Report
Seikon wrote:

What do you do when you have 1 champion that you're really good at, but ***hats keep calling and taking your lane, forcing you play something else that you're not as good at and only to have that said ***hat feed and lose the game for you and you drop further and further down the ELO Hell hole and the 'new' ***hats are getting worse and worse...?

Apologies to the thread owner, but I'm gonna snipe this one: Find a different champion you enjoy.

I've been in this 50/50 win/loss drought for awhile, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but there are 99 champions in LoL, right? That's 98 other champion that you might surprise yourself with.

Normally I'm Nasus, Sivir and Ashe. I tried Malphite and Teemo on a whim and, surprise, I played them pretty darn well. Experiment, that's the beauty of free weeks.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 7, 2012 4:35pm | Report
Seikon wrote:

learn to play all the positions but main 2 of them

i main top and support but i can be all of the roles

dont get mad because you arnt getting higher elo because you only wanna play one role

i highly suggest learning other roles and practicing in normals
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Blze001
<Member>
Blze001's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 10:45am | Report
Is it normal to only be able to win on premade teams? Every random game I play is over long before we can even surrender at the 20 min mark
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 11:18am | Report
Kokobeast wrote:

Really appreciate your last post.

My situation: Currently I play a pretty decent jungler (I would like to think). I can play the other roles but do not have too much expereince/am not that comfortable. At a low elo, any suggestions at what role to try out next?

Koko

You know who can win you games from around the 1100-1300 range? Taric. More generally, supports. If you're any good with supporting, even you can get a partially-******ed ranged-AD to carry.

People hate support because they find it boring and a useless role. I think just the exact opposite. I LOVE supporting. I love running around in teamfights just dropping stuns, heals, slows, auto-attacks without getting punished much for it. Also, it's so damn funny and rewarding to save your teammates from a Karthus, Lux, Ezreal, Gangplank, etc. ult. Not to mention turret dives become epic when your support knows how to make use of their champion to the full extent.

Also I hate it when supports don't call their dragons and ward a minute or less before-hand. Controlling objectives is one of the easiest ways to improve in low-ELO games. It really is. When your teammates kill dragon, call the time for the next one which comes up in another 6 minutes. For Baron, it's 7. Hell, even if you're not support, just ward and call out the timers for baron/dragon yourself. Be the better person. The silent carry...hehe.

But I'm saying all this about support. If you hate supporting, go AP mid or AD carry. I prefer AP mid because I can farm farm farm and push the mid turrets. Mid-turrets are crucial anyway and the rest of the lane doesn't even matter. It opens up for your to free farm their jungle and yours, control baron/dragon, and gank other lanes.

Quoted:

Have you seen a difference in attitude from 900 elo to 1400?

Of course! Let me tell you, it's strange. From 900-1299, 80% of the time people have negative attitudes. Specifically at 900-1100, you'll have people so demotivated after 1-2 kills have been given to the enemy team that they give up. They don't know the meaning of a comeback. Like, literally. They don't. They don't even bother trying their best after they have that mentality. It gets really annoying because it's really easy for the other team to throw away the game by doing something cocky or just plain stupid.

I once had a Jax on the team who gave up - he bought 4 Heart of Golds and a Boots of mobility. Needless to say he just fed, fed, fed, and fed. I was duo-queueing with a friend when this guy decided to be a jackass. I didn't have a negative attitude though - I just kept trying to make the Jax understand that his actions hurt the team and that even though he's acting like this, we can still win. Needless to say, I lead my team fairly well (I forgot who I was but I was making the calls) and eventually the Jax decided to sell all of his HoG and bank the money from it and the passive to buy a Trinity Force. It was funny because he actually became quite hard to kill after we fed him a couple of kills and our team won the game. So morale of the story: Don't give up.

Actually another difference I see from 900-1100 is people have the biggest ****ing balls imaginable. They love to get kills. Farm over kills? Insane! Kills over farm - yeah boy. <---- That's their attitude. Okay, I'm slightly exaggerating but trust me if you ever watch a low ELO game you will see that the scores are ridiculously high. They turret dive like bosses, start fights with the enemy in which they have no significant advantage, and push turrets for gold regardless of whether they will die or not.

From 1100-1300 it's pretty much random. For the most part, the attitude problem stems from player experience, i.e. "you only have 35 games but I have 1000! Why are you with me in this ELO?" or "GG first time Tristana in ranked NOOB".

From 1300-1400 it has more to do with people's ego. They have a tendency to call everyone bad when they start feeding. I don't know why. They call you out for everything. It's like they can sense how terrible you are. If someone from 1200 ELO was put into the 1300-1400 bracket, they would immediately notice how bad you are even if they didn't knonw you were from 1200. Whether this is a sign that they are better than the lower brackets is debatable. I personally think they are slightly better but ONLY because they take the game seriously and work on farming more than trying to score kills. I think they work on mechanics more? I'm not sure I'm using that word correctly.

Also I have this one ****ing huge problem with kids in 1400. The minute you piss them off by feeding or criticize them for something, they go "GG I'm done. AFK." or "If you talk to me again I'm going afk". They always have to say something about them being finished with this game and going AFK. I just don't know why. It's some ****ing huge phenomenon. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen more at higher ELO.

Xeronn wrote:

Do you think jungling is the most crucial role, from your opinion?
If not, then what do you think is?

Do you Mordekaiser top or mid?

One more.. what things did you practice before starting your climb out of the 900s?

I think jungling has its place as one of the most crucial, but not the most crucial. It's hard to say really. If a jungler manages to win two lanes for the team, the game usually snowballs from there (if he is able to keep the momentum). As a jungler, you always want to be one step ahead of the enemy jungler. Steal his jungle, gank before he does, always be causing threats. I love it when I gank like a boss while their jungle Warwick is just straggling in trying to pull off a half-***ed gank a few minutes later to get even.

I sort of have a criteria of being a crucial asset to the team - be a team leader and play a very tanky champion. One who can lead, initiate fights, and protect their teammates. So this usually falls in the tanky support/melee-DPS/Jungle role.

For the Mordekaiser question, I go mid with him. I never really liked going top with him. I like ganking both lanes and top doesn't provide that option (unless you go teleport, but who goes teleport on Mordekaiser?). Also, I love farming and stealing the enemy-jungler's wraiths or even your own is awesome.

To be honest, I didn't really practice anything when before climbing out of 900s. I was just playing LoL just to kill time and use all that IP to buy new champs and learn them. Over time, I've had first-hand experiences with what champion counters who. I was that jackass who played ranked as if it were a normal game.

I've gone jungle Gragas (Tanky and fun), Veigar (OP ganks if you get rush Rylai's Scepter), Brand (OP GANKS), Mordekaiser, Janna (Not viable), Annie (I usually go hybrid with her), Swain, Lux, Orianna (insanely fast at clearing jungle), etc. It was pretty fun but at the expense of my teammates' fun. I do win sometimes though.

Seikon wrote:

I've been there and if you think you can carry, you simply do whatever it takes to get the champion and lane you want. My most favorite method, which has been working for me so far, is going "Hey, I would like to go xxxx please." in champion select. If some guy calls it before you do or just ignores you and says he wants mid, just go "Hey <name>, do you mind if I go mid?" Then I joke around and go like "pretty pleasee babyyy?!? Pleaseeeee :(". I'll be overly friendly (sometimes they like to wish I'm a girl even though they probably know I'm not LOL). They usually say OK. If they don't, I just rage and lock Smite-Teemo and say "GG that's it. I'm jungling. I'll carry you noobs." The trick is to sound serious like if you were intending on doing something as Teemo jungle. As if you have done it before and as if he were a hidden ninja jungler that noone has ever heard of. Your teammates will be confused as to whether you're bluffing or serious. They usually think the latter so they end up queue dodging. Always be prepared to queue dodge yourself though. Don't be scared of having to do so. If you want to rise up in ELO, sometimes you gotta do it.

Alright, keep it coming guys.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2012 12:04pm | Report
Blze001 wrote:

Is it normal to only be able to win on premade teams? Every random game I play is over long before we can even surrender at the 20 min mark

Well it depends. Are you talking about normal, solo-ranked queue, or team-ranked queue? In normal/solo-ranked games, you SHOULD be able to win at least 50% of your games. There really isn't any reason why this shouldn't be the case. If you aren't then you're doing something wrong or you aren't in the right ELO just yet.

In normal games, if you're a premade chances are they are one, too. Obviously the matchmaking system does this because they say it's "proven that premade teams are a lot better than random opponents". However, the matchmaking doesn't take into consideration whether your team is seriously playing to become a better team, or just playing with friends for fun.

You have to review yourself and what went wrong in the game. Work on it. Easy to say but hard to do unless you have the perseverance.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2012 5:30pm | Report
HEY THIS IS A FREE RESOURCE SO WHY ARENT YOU GUYS USING IT OMGGGGGG
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide