Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to Kha'Zix?

Creator: ColossalDonut5 September 1, 2017 8:50pm
4 posts - page 1 of 1
ColossalDonut5
<Member>
ColossalDonut5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 8:50pm | Report
So I've been playing League for the last 2 months or so and am still stumped on Kha'Zix among other Melee Assassins. I just feel like I can't do anything with him since by the time you can safely int with him you just get completely destroyed, and the fact minions counter his passive and Q it's even harder to find a decent gank. I've tried reading some guides but still struggle, can someone help please?
Noob Zilean, Rammus and Kled trio main that loves to cause mischeif, mostly plays mid, top or support (practising Jungle). Also play Veigar, Vel'Koz, Thresh, Amumu, Fizz and Tahm Kench. I also dabble in random heroes that hit the free rotation that pique my interest.

Going mid as a support with ignite is more fun and effective than I ever imagined!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 9:15pm | Report
Don't worry too much about isolation in ganks. It's a big help when you catch people in the jungle, but in team fights or ganks it's much less reliable. Focus on applying your passive and slowing your target with red buff while you 2v1 them with your teammate. It helps if you can get in range without using Leap since then you can E to follow a Flash, but sometimes you just have to get the Flash and then back off and gank them again later.

Assassins in general (including Kha'Zix) require good timing and knowledge of who you can kill. If you feel like you're dying a lot in team fights, you might be going in too early. If you're unable to kill people solo, you might not be farming efficiently enough. Try not to fight if you're underleveled compared to your opponent (unless their champion is a weak duelist obviously).

If you're building hydra at some point, get Tiamat as your first item to help clear the jungle. Otherwise just go straight for Warrior and Duskblade and don't get the hydra at all.

Hard to really say more without seeing your gameplay. If you haven't read it already, I'd recommend checking out Tinjus' Kha'Zix guide. Maybe see if you can find a VoD from a high elo streamer or youtuber and watch their gameplay as well.

Edit: Also it might be that runes on op.gg are broken, but are you not using any runes at all? It should feel a lot better to play junglers once you have a full rune and mastery page. If you have a rough time clearing as Kha'Zix, you could try a higher sustain jungler like Warwick until you get a proper setup.

Edit: Oh nvm, I can see your runes now. Get some flat armor seals. Tier 3 runes should be only 10 IP as of today, so it'll be pretty cheap. That should help your early clear a lot.
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
ColossalDonut5
<Member>
ColossalDonut5's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 1, 2017 10:57pm | Report
Thanks! I'll try to keep that all in mind! Still new to this site as well so sorry if I don't have everything set up right.
Noob Zilean, Rammus and Kled trio main that loves to cause mischeif, mostly plays mid, top or support (practising Jungle). Also play Veigar, Vel'Koz, Thresh, Amumu, Fizz and Tahm Kench. I also dabble in random heroes that hit the free rotation that pique my interest.

Going mid as a support with ignite is more fun and effective than I ever imagined!
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2017 5:09am | Report
I think you should ignore isolation and treat it as a ''bonus'' that you occasionally get if you're lucky.
What make Kha'Zix good is not only his damage, but a solid early game kit that allow him to do pretty much everything at level 3.
Also your team may not expect you to jump in and erase people by yourself but only deal enough damage for them to take a kill and Kha'zix non-isolation damage in most case is probably enough to get the job done.
As Kha'zix you may want to roam and help your laner get a kill as much as possible because that's what you do best.
You should focus on early-mid game and have faith on your team to carry you in late-game teamfight.
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide