Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

I need help.

Creator: Bigguth May 23, 2011 8:01pm
46 posts - page 2 of 5
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 3:31pm | Report
I'm an equal opportunity helper, as in I could care less what level Bigguth is. I had 3 or 4 level 30 friends when I started and it helped me immensely, and in the end I am just as happy to help with basics as I am to help with cleaning up playstyle.
I read things too, and somehow ended up with the conclusion that hextech GB would make ultimate boomerang blade power...SOOOO not true. I get that you as a vet read Shadow Walk and know it's not like Teemo's stealth, but when you know very little about game mechanics and champs, it's really hard to know what it might mean. I used to think Ashe's ult was a huge radius that she could auto target people with....now that I've been playing for a while I know better.
Low level people have a right to ask for help too.
Bigguth
<Member>
Bigguth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 7:19pm | Report
I am not just beginning I have some skill with other champs but I would like to get better with those two champs. Yes I know it was an incredibly stupid mistake to make but I did it at roughly three a.m., I was tired an just wanted to buy the champ before I went to sleep.

Also thank you Nameless for being nice about this.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 24, 2011 7:21pm | Report
Bigguth wrote:
Also thank you Nameless for being nice about this.

I think it's in the job description lol
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 1:19am | Report
Hmm well even if ur not a vet reading a skill wich has a name that includes ''walk'' i think anyone would understand that it doesn't involve standing still.

Besides, the fact that you made those mistakes nameless means you put little to no research in the champion.
There is such an easy way to figure out the skills of a champion, actives on items and see if it's what you want and it's called www.Youtube.com (www not even needed).
If you can't find anything there THEN i can agree with you making certain mistakes.

By the way ashes ultimate clearly states: fires an arrow in a straight line and IF it hits an enemy champion it stuns and deals damage, it also states a cooldown, thats what i mean with bad/no reading.

From what i could tell you are around level 10 (at least so i assume as you said you play with friends around 10+ levels higher and you fight against people in high 20's) that means you barely even played 50 games, that's what i would call a beginner, i've rarely seen people who actually have the skill to micro properly and know enough to be able to learn advanced stuff such as inside out knowledge of a champion, rotations, laning etc with those ammount of games.

That's what i'm trying to tell you, at least play 150 games (even if it is 75 win 75 loss or 25 win and 125 loss) you need experience with gameplay before asking help with advanced stuff.

And ok, there are some rare people who have that sort of patience with low levels like nameless :P.
Bigguth
<Member>
Bigguth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 3:44am | Report
I am level 15, almost level 16 and I have to play level 30's often.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 4:41am | Report
If you play with friends of 25+ that'l happen, if your not playing with friends of that level then somethings wrong.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 8:06am | Report

Hmm well even if ur not a vet reading a skill wich has a name that includes ''walk'' i think anyone would understand that it doesn't involve standing still.

Besides, the fact that you made those mistakes nameless means you put little to no research in the champion.
There is such an easy way to figure out the skills of a champion, actives on items and see if it's what you want and it's called www.Youtube.com (www not even needed).
If you can't find anything there THEN i can agree with you making certain mistakes.

By the way ashes ultimate clearly states: fires an arrow in a straight line and IF it hits an enemy champion it stuns and deals damage, it also states a cooldown, thats what i mean with bad/no reading.

From what i could tell you are around level 10 (at least so i assume as you said you play with friends around 10+ levels higher and you fight against people in high 20's) that means you barely even played 50 games, that's what i would call a beginner, i've rarely seen people who actually have the skill to micro properly and know enough to be able to learn advanced stuff such as inside out knowledge of a champion, rotations, laning etc with those ammount of games.

That's what i'm trying to tell you, at least play 150 games (even if it is 75 win 75 loss or 25 win and 125 loss) you need experience with gameplay before asking help with advanced stuff.

And ok, there are some rare people who have that sort of patience with low levels like nameless :P.

Lots of skills have misleading names...Shen's feint, Karma's heavenly wave, Lux's abilities (lol), Janna's monsoon...it's no shock someone would get confused.
going to youtube is great, but I just didn't do it. I did get on mobafire and check builds when I tried someone new.

The fact that I made those mistakes means I was an utter noob, I know. I decided to be honest with you because it's pointless to act like we were all perfect from the start. I dove turrets and died, I built champions wrong, and I got things very confused for the first 5 levels or so (and I was playing with 4 level 30s).

Ashe's ult does clearly state this, but I'd never played her so I had never read her ult. And: all the skill descriptions in the champion highlight things (in the game) are vague in a lot of cases.

We're teaching people how to play...being patient should be a requirement...but no one's perfect.
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 11:01am | Report
You don't get what im trying to say.
This is a lesson for everyone reading this, DO PROPPER RESEARCH BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP.
It is common courtesy to do your best before asking another person for help.
We may teach people how to play, but if they don't put effort into it why should we put effort into them.

Yes there are confusing skills among them like feint which does not do what you'd think, but something as obvious as ''walk'' in it's name, i mean come on how stoned/drunk must you be to not get that.
I usually never troll/flame/get mean but this is just seriously hilarious XD.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 11:16am | Report
Quoted:

Shadow Walk: Evelynn fades away, becoming stealthed. Evelynn's next attack or damage ability will stun that unit, ending her Shadow Walk.

Sounds very Teemo like (the bolded bit in particular). If all he did was read the champ spotlight in the game (which is what most people do), it's no shock he came to that conclusion.
I do get what you're saying and agree with part of it, but reading through the stuff on the website/in game is usually enough to get a general idea of how a champion should work.
Bigguth
<Member>
Bigguth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 11:59am | Report
I know my mistake was very stupid and since then I have not made a mistake like that, I read every skill before I even try a champion. I at the time didn't even think of looking things up on youtube and didn't know this website existed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide