Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Idea of creating sticky general thread for all...

Creator: Joxuu June 27, 2013 3:55am
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 3:55am | Report
Yo

I think most of those seeking for mentoring usually struggle with the same things and are around bronze-ish. Commonly they all share same mistakes and flaws. Of course there are people seeking for in-game help, but just reading tips/advices here would be great. I think Jhoijhoi's thread of general tips and tricks could be added here and modified litte to fit it here ?

Above this, stickied thread of mentorers.. Since when has it been updated ?
Updated list of people who are seeking to help others in-game would so much also.

There are currently so many people looking for mentoring, yet there are very few answers to them.
Mentoring is away from mentorers free-time and they can't be everywhere.
Thread like this could maybe reduce the amount of threads just by reading the tips.

Hows the idea ?

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 5:13am | Report
Partially agreed:

As I mentor stuff myself I am quite annoyed by how there are thousands of threads asking for mentors and that my own thread in which I offer my services gets buried over the tons of people who don't bother scrolling down half a page. So basically the sticky thread should be removed/updated because 99% doesn't even bother it anymore.

On the other hand, a general advice thread could be added, but I wouldn't like that in the way Jhoi made hers. We'd need to find a way to give good advice for bronze/silver players, but without making it high-elo only strats nor making it advice that only applies at cardboard 7.
Quadruckus
<Member>
Quadruckus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 5:24pm | Report
That sounds like a decent idea, although I believe the mentors will be bombarded with requests, but I suppose they would expect that. I actually did bother scrolling down before I made my own request, even a few pages, but I didn't see anything other than mentor requests, lol. You're right, you're completely buried. I understand that it's annoying and I apologize. Because of the sheer amount of mentor requests, people will be passed over. Go forth with the sticky, may as well give it a shot! Make it clear that only mentors are able to post in the sticky to offer their services and NOT people looking for mentors.

Cheers!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide