Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungle Nunu or Lane Nunu?

Creator: LockCORE March 14, 2012 10:15pm
LockCORE
<Member>
LockCORE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2012 10:15pm | Report
Hey there everyone. Just as the title asks, Jungle or Lane? I've been playing Nunu for about thirteen games so far and have only lost three times as a Lane Nunu. I have yet to try him as a Jungler but I know he has a built in Smite. I just still don't know the advantage of jungling besides the buffs since I have yet to find ANYONE do good after jungling. But that is just me. I just sort of would like to know the pros and cons of Laning v. Jungling or what the advantages are for jungling compared to laning.

PS: I LOVE Nunu. Such awesome burst damage!
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 6:35am | Report
Are you taking Nunu top lane, or bottom lane as support? Support Nunu bot lane is absolutely *deadly* if you are playing with a smart AD carry. You can feed them kills all day with your slow + blood boil. It's unreal.

If you are talking regular lane versus jungle, it's a little different.

Jungle Nunu is really strong due to his built-in smite that restores health. Early and mid game you won't be stuck almost dead in your jungle. This gives you options. You can force riskier ganks, or you can invade your enemies jungle. Invading can be scary, but Nunu can absolutely destroy other junglers early game. With Consume you can go where you please, eating his jungle up and leaving him with nothing to do. If you run into each other, try to pick your fights in or near minion camps so that you can use consume during the fight to get some health back. If you execute it correctly, you can steal their jungle at will, which can really set their jungler back.

Top lane Nunu is a good option too, but the only downside is that you don't bring the same fear factor into lategame that a lot of other top laners offer. I know that sounds vague, but a really fed lvl 18 Mord or Tryndamere is going to cause serious problems. A really fed lvl 18 Nunu brings a great AD buff (blood boil), a strong slow, and an ult that WILL be interrupted if the enemy has half a brain. He isn't bad at all, and if nothing else popping your ult makes the enemy team waste CC on you instead of your AD carry / AP carry. I just don't think he deserves the farmfest that top lane offers.

That said, if you enjoy top lane and your team needs you there, why not do it? Nunu is an underrated champ imo, glad to see someone else enjoying him.

*Edit for clarity on jungle Nunu*
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
LockCORE
<Member>
LockCORE's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2012 12:38pm | Report

Are you taking Nunu top lane, or bottom lane as support? Support Nunu bot lane is absolutely *deadly* if you are playing with a smart AD carry. You can feed them kills all day with your slow + blood boil. It's unreal.

If you are talking regular lane versus jungle, it's a little different.

Jungle Nunu is really strong due to his built-in smite that restores health. Early and mid game you won't be stuck almost dead in your jungle. This gives you options. You can force riskier ganks, or you can invade your enemies jungle. Invading can be scary, but Nunu can absolutely destroy other junglers early game. With Consume you can go where you please, eating his jungle up and leaving him with nothing to do. If you run into each other, try to pick your fights in or near minion camps so that you can use consume during the fight to get some health back. If you execute it correctly, you can steal their jungle at will, which can really set their jungler back.

Top lane Nunu is a good option too, but the only downside is that you don't bring the same fear factor into lategame that a lot of other top laners offer. I know that sounds vague, but a really fed lvl 18 Mord or Tryndamere is going to cause serious problems. A really fed lvl 18 Nunu brings a great AD buff (blood boil), a strong slow, and an ult that WILL be interrupted if the enemy has half a brain. He isn't bad at all, and if nothing else popping your ult makes the enemy team waste CC on you instead of your AD carry / AP carry. I just don't think he deserves the farmfest that top lane offers.

That said, if you enjoy top lane and your team needs you there, why not do it? Nunu is an underrated champ imo, glad to see someone else enjoying him.

*Edit for clarity on jungle Nunu*

Actually that helps a lot. I've only played Nunu as a duo top laner and so far has had some incredible results. Really though Nunu seems to be able to fight into just about any lane as well being able to jungle. Well thank you for your input as I should definitely try out the other types of roles Nunu can fit into.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide