Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Looking for mentees!

Creator: Kirluu September 1, 2012 2:17pm
1 2
MankindsBadHABIT
<Member>
MankindsBadHABIT's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2012 4:21pm | Report
I am on the NA server but I also think I'm able to switch over unless I'm much mistaken.

Here's the facts.

I seem to fail at understanding how best to position myself so I often get caught unawares. I think a teammate is in range to help me since we are after all, poking at the same farm but often times I'll make a poor positioning choice when I think I'm doing well and bam, find myself alone getting put into the dust.

Try as I might I can't seem to farm well. I understand the thought behind getting last hits on minions but it always puts me in range of getting again caught alone by one or two opponents. Mid game that often doesn't matter with me, but early and late it's more or less the end of me. As a result I'm always low leveled when it matters most so that by the time my teammates, any of 'em are pushing 12 and thirteen I'm at about eight. It's not like I willingly go out and play support either, I've been practicing AD carries and a few tanks as well.

Since touching them I have yet to stop leaning heavily toward AD or AP Ezreal, AD Yi or just tanking with Singed.

Recently despite not owning him, I realized I find a real pleasure in Graves. Since she's free this week and I've always been curious I've run some bot games jungling with Sejuani but I again seem to fall behind in experience and find myself of little use until mid game. Outside of bot games I fear I would be only a hindrance. I own several champs who have a good set up for jungling (Mundo and Amumu for instance) but I seem to be missing something key which I fear relates to farming despite my continuing efforts.

I'd like to say I'm slightly better than average with skill shots when I'm in the moment and not too nervous/tensed up, at least by the way I hear many of my friends speak about how little they enjoy skill shots themselves.

Recently been looking at purchasing/trying these champs:

Caitlyn, Anivia, Gragas, Annie (If you can't tell, I've begun to develop some enjoyment out of the thought of mid, but only ever gone mid as Teemo or AP Yi.)

That's about enough of all that babbling I guess.

As a person... I confess I have some confidence issues.

Okay, a lot of 'em. I can take constructive criticism well until it gets to a point where I feel like I'm being offered less respect as a person than I am giving to the other party. I've got Skype and I'm willing to use it but due to my connection I'm pretty well limited to the game and Skype at the same time and nothing more. Anything more would likely cause a nice crash.

I want to figure out where I'm going wrong and move past it. I've got a few "friends" or acquaintances who could probably teach me, they just seem incapable of doing it without being insulting me. Despite that I enjoy gameplay with many of them because of a general reliability in-game *most of the time* and would like to be able to be a benefit rather than a burden to be bore. I hate when a partner shooting smack talk at the opposing team talks about how he has to "carry" that Ezreal on his back, "Pick up his slack." In short, I just want to not be a burden, but a benefit. Once I'm no longer struggling not to fail, I feel like I can really improve from there. I just have some sort of wall in front of me that I can't quite figure out, know what I mean?

If map control/awareness is one of your strengths I could benefit from that immensely. Your help on farming would also be greatly appreciated.
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2012 8:08am | Report
@MankidsBadHABIT:
I wrote you a PM with information, tips, etc. :)
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide