Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Mid Laners

Creator: Scott Azrael April 1, 2013 6:59am
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 6:59am | Report
I'm trying to narrow down my pool of champs to about 4 per lane/role. I pretty well have every role narrowed down except for Mid. I had an idea of champs I thought I would use, but two of those champs haven't gone on sale up to this point. Those champs would be Lux and Ziggs. At this point, I'm not buying any more champs with RP except for Ziggs, Kha'Zix, Riven, and Volibear. I have enough IP to buy Lux, but I am saving it to buy the rest of the runes I need. I have most of the runes I need, but do need Attack Speed runes for jungle. So, I am planning on taking the next month to practice up my mechanics on each of my champs selected before I really start trying to move up in ranked. I watch a lot of streams, read a lot, and try to know a lot about champs, but I just can't decide on which 4 to use.

So, I'mm hoping you guys can help me to narrow down my list.

Will use Diana

Possibles
- Fiddlesticks
- Karthus
- Kassadin
- Akali
- Cassiopeia
- LeBlanc
- Annie
- Orianna
- Evelynn
- Katarina
- Pantheon
- Zed
- Fizz
- Twisted Fate
- Nidalee

Not used much or don't have but can buy cheap
- Ryze
- Xerath
- Vladimir
- Talon
- Brand
- Morgana
- Anivia

As you can see, I have a lot of champs that I can choose from. I could even try something like AP Tristana or Mordekaiser. However, I would really prefer to stick with the list of maybes since I feel more comfortable with them or just like them. I had thought about Akali, but she is so similar to Diana that I don't want to end up with all Assassins. I was thinking maybe something like this:

Diana, Kassadin, Fiddlesticks, and LeBlanc/ Karthus

Let me guys know what you think. I am just struggling to narrow it down and would love some input. I had planned on Lux, Ziggs as my two mages/non-assassins, but that's not looking like it's going to happen yet. So, I would love to hear what you guys think.

Edit: added Nid
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 8:07am | Report
It depends. Do you prefer assassins? Do you prefer safe farmers/teamfighters? Do you prefer pushers? Or maybe you like strong gankers?

I know you want to narrow it down to 4 champions, but mid lane is probably the only lane with so many champs under the same "category" that all function differently and all have different counters and strong points in the game. Therefore, I'd suggest these champs: Diana, Kassadin, Orianna, Zed, Twisted Fate, Ryze, and Kha'Zix. You can also try out Kayle mid, since she has some amazing AP scaling and really good utility. She also bullies nearly every champion in lane, and her ultimate is always useful. If you really want to narrow it down to 4 champions, maybe these champs: Diana, Orianna, Zed, Twisted Fate. That provides a mix of assassins, utility mages, pushing power, and strong ganks.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 11:30am | Report
Thanks. I really want a mix to be able to try and adapt to what my opponents have. I really don't have a particular type of mid leaner I like, though I guess I do like champs with some burst more. My main thing for each role is to try to use champs I like but also that vary enough to cover each others counters. Also, with top and mid, I want to give options for both ap and ad champs, in case the rest of my team goes all ad or ap.

Edit: I just realized I left Nidalee off of my list of possibles.
boythinks
<Member>
boythinks's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2013 4:03pm | Report
i think the reason you have not been able to narrow it down is because mid lane has some of the most varied and flexible champion possibilities.

narrowing it down to four maybe too little

i would suggest:

Lux - really strong all around with no real hard counters

Ryze - fits a lot of team comps - brings his own cc, gets tanky and dishes out huge damage late

Kassadin - an absolute late game terror and shuts down a hell of a lot of Casters

Zed - pure Assassin, you can shutdown the APC in lane then keep taking out the ADC in team fights before they know what happend

Kayle - is a strong pick also, especially against burst damage mages and assassins

Diana - really strong at the moment i think

* I would not recommend Fiddlesticks mid... i just never found him to be really strong in mid lane but that is just my personal opinion

GLHF
BloBBloB99
<Member>
BloBBloB99's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 2, 2013 2:11pm | Report
I'd definately say Kayle. Great champ in soloq as you can save your friends aswell as getting fed as **** and stomping everyone. She's also quite easy to learn.

Thanks to MissMaw and GmD for my signatures!
If I help'd ya, then don't be afraid to +Rep me! Thanks!
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2013 9:01am | Report
I like pikachu's list Diana, Zed, Orianna, and Twisted Fate. I would add two champs Lux and Akali.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Scott Azrael
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2013 10:00am | Report
Seems like the consensus is Diana, Zed, Ryze, Kassadin, and if I can get her Lux. I'll consider expanding later to include Twisted Fate, Orianna, Akali, and Kha'Zix.

I have a pretty good grasp of Diana, so I need to start focusing on the others. Thanks for the ideas guys. If anyone wants to still throw in their 2 cents, go ahead.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2013 10:40am | Report

Seems like the consensus is Diana, Zed, Ryze, Kassadin, and if I can get her Lux. I'll consider expanding later to include Twisted Fate, Orianna, Akali, and Kha'Zix.

I have a pretty good grasp of Diana, so I need to start focusing on the others. Thanks for the ideas guys. If anyone wants to still throw in their 2 cents, go ahead.

looks good. kick *** and take names :)

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Jo3HooDYo
<Member>
Jo3HooDYo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2013 5:40pm | Report
People are very quick to dismiss Annie for some reason. I main her mid and melt faces repeatedly. She is a safe farmer, decent pusher mid-game, and an excellent ganker.
Put some Mobility Boots on her and you have your gankiness.
Tear of the Goddess on your first back will give you much needed mana regen (for early pushing) and gives you a badass item late game.
The same goes for Ryze although he doesn't have the mana sustain early game that you need.
I end most Annie games at around 700 AP, and annihilate.
GhostZon3
<Member>
GhostZon3's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2013 5:52pm | Report
I love Cassiopeia. Can max Q if it turns into a farming lane, you want to harass, or you can't straight up trade/fight. Max E to kill. Teamfighting Presence is great. Liandry's or spell vamp is fun too. Cass is awesome.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide