Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

New kid on the block, looking to meet all the...

Creator: Sir Wellington March 26, 2015 10:52pm
1 2
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 10:52pm | Report
Hello everyone! My name is Sir Wellington. I've read guides on Mobafire for years, but never was active in the community till now. I'm in Silver IV currently (was Gold III last season...Season 5 placements were cruel) and my brother got me hooked all the way back in the beginning of Ye Olde Season 2.

I'm currently writing a Xin Zhao top lane guide, with the goal of making it the best and most thorough XZ guide on Mobafire. (Maybe just a little ambitious.) I'd love to connect with other guide makers out there and get all the feedback and help that I can (already read jhoijhoi's awesome guide; it's the reason I'm writing this).

Any wisdom to share?

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 11:08pm | Report
Well you're in for some fun.

Basically MOBAFire.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 2:54am | Report
Welcome oh Zhao one.

My personal suggestion is for you to write the guide so thoroughly that, even if the people who'll actually read and benefit from it (newer players) are getting fed concepts they cannot understand, you can still please the first mobafire guide voters: regulars who will probably learn 0 from the guide and have conflicting opinions amidst themselves over runes or itemization, but since they're all above-average elo they'll be certain they're the ones who are correct ^_^

Or make it simple and to the point and call it something like "How to Xin Zhao in 3 minutes"
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 4:56am | Report
Hi welcome ✿ I don't play Xin but If you need any help with BBCode/guide layout, I'd me more than happy to assist :>

check out my MF guide!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 5:15am | Report
Welcome to mobafire <3

Quoted:
Any wisdom to share?

Look at some of the top guides, ask yourself: What do I like about this guide, what do I dislike about this guide?

Feel free to steal anyones ideas on coding, structuring or explaining as long as you do not directly copypaste it. If you really like a certain piece of a guide you do want to directly copy (like a picture or a graph or whatever), ask the guidewriter for permission.

Finally some basic things:
1. Make sure you use proper English and grammar;
2. Make the explanations clear, complete and easy to read, if you can;
3. A tactical section is just as important, if not more important, as all the build chapters together;
4. Use a catchy title and a well-structured cheatsheet to get some attention;
5. Once your guide is published and has some public attention, you will likely get critique. Try to always be friendly to the readers even if you disagree with their point of view.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: VirusNG1
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 6:18am | Report
Thanks for the help guys!

Quoted:
Hi welcome ✿ I don't play Xin but If you need any help with BBCode/guide layout, I'd me more than happy to assist :>

Do you know how to change the size/parameters of an embedded youtube video? I'm stuck :s

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 6:27am | Report
Thanks for the help guys!

Do you know how to change the size/parameters of an embedded youtube video? I'm stuck :s

I'm by no means a coding expert but I don't think you can change size, you can only center/uncenter it.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:57am | Report
Nah that's wrong, you can indeed size it.

The trick is to set both the height value and the width value, setting one but not the other wont resize it.

[embed=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGgGV7uwU4 width=300 height=200]
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 8:17am | Report
TIL - thanks for correcting me
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 1:01pm | Report
Thanks much!

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide