Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Picking Champs

Creator: Buranri May 17, 2012 3:41pm
11 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2012 3:41pm | Report
How exactly does draft mode work? And how does picking champs to counter a certain character go with that? I only play blind picks at the moment, since I'm still at level 14. The only characters I really play well are Taric (support), Ziggs (mid), and Fiora (top). Should I learn more before I venture into draft pick?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2012 6:25pm | Report
Basically in draft your team is ordered by their Elo in Ranked or randomly in normals (in normals, premade groups get priority). The highest Elo guys on each team get to ban three champions in this order.

-Blue team bans
-Purple team bans
-Blue team bans
-Purple team bans
-Blue team bans
-Purple team bans
-Blue team #1 player picks
-Purple team #1 and #2 players pick
-Blue team #2 and #3 players pick
-Purple team #3 and #4 players pick
-Blue team #4 and #5 players pick
-Purple team #5 player picks

You need at least 16 champions to play draft. Normal draft allows you to use free week champions as part of the 16, Ranked doesn't let you as of next week.

If you want to actually see it I suggest you watch a LoL stream on twitch.tv or own3d.tv
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 8:37am | Report
Draft queues are a little longer and I've never played a normal draft. Has anyone else?
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 9:11am | Report
I have. There tend to be less ******s in draft than in norms. And luther gave a great description of the mechanics of the thing. And as far as more champs, i suggest you get used to playing at least two for each of 5 roles, or 3 each for three roles, before you start doing draft. And thats just a start. Counter picking at low ELO is almost non existent, so you would be better off at that point just playing a character you are really good with. As far as counter picking goes, basically it means picking a champ to play a role that negates the power of the opposing champ of the same role, or if you want to get really fancy, you know what the entire enemy TEAM is going to do, so you counter-pick team strategy. for example, Ryze counters Veigar because his power scales off of max mana as well as ap, so he doesn't need to build near as much ap as other mids, which makes Veigars Primordial Burst not nearly as effective. and Sivir counters Caitlyn because her Spell Shield totally negates the zoning effect of Yordle Snap Trap and can also block Piltover Peacemaker.

Hope this helps!
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 9:57am | Report
Sivir's E counters everything <3
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 10:17am | Report

Sivir's E counters everything <3

Doesn't counter AoE DoTs.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 11:15am | Report
It counters the first tick!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 11:38am | Report

It counters the first tick!

No. No it doesn't. It doesn't even prevent the instant damage from Spirit Fire.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 11:41am | Report
It also doesn't work on Karthus' Wall of Pain.

The more you know!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2012 12:30pm | Report
Oh rly? I did not know this. Thanks for the help. Explains why some of my E's never seem to work. :( I love trolling with Sivir.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide