Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Playing DPS Champions

Creator: ZeroRacer December 30, 2010 6:26pm
ZeroRacer
<Member>
ZeroRacer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 6:26pm | Report
When I play champions such as master yi or hybrid kassadin, I simply cannot understand when to jump in. When I enter the fray headfirst(if I do this, I'm probably pretty sleep deprived) obviously it's stun, shoot shoot splat, but when I wait in the back to clean up I just feel that I'm not making a difference. I'm not by any means new, but I'm definitely new to the concept of melee dps and their role in teamfights.
shinussiel
<Member>
shinussiel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 6:52pm | Report
It is something that can only be learned from playing more and learning from your mistakes. It also depends on the champion you are playing. All I can say if go in after your tank and go for the squishies ;D But it depends on the champion, team, enemy champion and how well your doing in the game. Keep practicing and you will get better.
Made by Scrax
Check out my Renekton Guide (Under Construction)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 7:01pm | Report
For me, what helped me get the hand of DPS champs is just waiting for the cooldowns to finish. I don't feel important dieing instantly to 8 trillion ultimates and AoE's but once they can't use it for X amount of time, I feel much more safer trying to go in to help. Also positioning is very important to grasp because if one teammate is halfway across the map while the rest of your team is trying to push down a turret, you may lose the next team fight, with that they can take baron and push in with impunity.

ZeroRacer
<Member>
ZeroRacer's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2010 7:42pm | Report
AD Kassadin, don't laugh. Still, he's very much like any dps in the way that he initiates into the fray. Yi has his alpha and I've got my riftwalk.

If I feel uncreative mage kass is still an option, but I wanted to try something unorthodox while still viable. :P
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 12:30am | Report
I main Master Yi, and I have played Kassadin a few times. Always let the tank go in first, if there is no tank, get an off-tank to jump into the fight. As master yi, you chill on the side-lines, the bushes in the mid, or sides. once you see an opponent at half HP, you Wuju Style then Alpha strike in. Now if you have exhaust, you should use it on either your own target or a potential threat. Activate highlander when the opponent reaches around quarter HP. Chop and Chop, when the opponent is dead. GTFO back into the sidelines, meditate if you must then go in again, rinse and repeat.

Playing like an assassin is key for yi. If you play carefully and always look for kills, and potantial turrets to chop down you can easily get scores like this:

As for kassadin, I have no idea why you want to build him AD. Bad idea is bad, generally teleport in, do your rotation (including a teleport for AOE), teleport out. Relax a bit until your teleport stacks reduce and cooldowns are good, in this time you can hack at some minnions if you must, then teleport in blah blah, repeat repeat repeat until they are dead!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 8:07am | Report
Look at your score, now back to mine, now back at your score, now back to me. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped playing like a tanky DPS and started using Dante Rebellion assassin tactics, it could look like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're on Summoner's Rift with the score your score could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's a shop with two copies of that item you like. Look again. THE ITEMS ARE NOW INFINITY EDGES. Anything is possible when you use Dante Rebellion assassin tactics instead of playing tanky DPS. I'm on a horse.

BABABA BA BA BABA BA
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 10:19am | Report

Look at your score, now back to mine, now back at your score, now back to me. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped playing like a tanky DPS and started using Dante Rebellion assassin tactics, it could look like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're on Summoner's Rift with the score your score could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's a shop with two copies of that item you like. Look again. THE ITEMS ARE NOW INFINITY EDGES. Anything is possible when you use Dante Rebellion assassin tactics instead of playing tanky DPS. I'm on a horse.

BABABA BA BA BABA BA

Double I.E? I don't think I'd want your scores :P

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2010 2:33pm | Report
all good players buy like 5 infinity edges
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2011 12:18am | Report

BABABA BA BA BABA BA

omg. L.O.L... haha that was epic.

As for stacking IE. Only pro's do that, I aint no pro ;D
Madmack
<Member>
Madmack's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2011 5:55pm | Report
One of the keys to playing squishy champs is just like Dante said.

Another key is to communicate with your teammates which target is the first target. If you have a coordinated attack on your enemies you can often dive right at the start of a fight. However, when I say at the start, I mean after your AP nukers launch off thier spells and your tank dives in.
My top builds. Currently most actively working on my Master Yi guide.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide