Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Poppy Help!

Creator: JBucketzEsq May 2, 2012 11:38am
4 posts - page 1 of 1
JBucketzEsq
<Member>
JBucketzEsq's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2012 11:38am | Report
hi there!

So im still relatively new to the game, and my strategy has basically been to play champs on free weeks, but I've bought most of the 450 ip champs. I pick up most of them fairly easily, but the one that i just CAN'T seem to pick up is poppy. I've read a ton on her though, and consensus seems to be if u can actually become a skilled poppy player, she can be really dangerous, and downright UNGODLY late game. So I'm almost level 20, which means i get runes soon! YAY! and I figure it'll be fun for the next few weeks to play poppy almost exclusively in normals, especially because from what I've read she can work in jungle, in solo top, and in bot lane. However, I do have some questions i'd like to get answered as i embark on trying to learn the Iron Ambassador!

1) I've read that I should watch doublelift and spamhappy stream as poppy. any other streams to check out?

2) from guides, it seems doublelift plays AP poppy, and spamhappy plays AD poppy. Which do you guys recommend, which is more versatile, and why?

3) I have a TON of ip saved up for runes, so what do the ideal rune pages for poppy look like? (for when i hit level 20 and can get real runes :))

4) Any other info that you think would help my poppy gameplay would be great!

Thanks!
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 11:20am | Report
I would recommend Zekent's (SpamHappy) Poppy the most. I don't like AP Poppy since she brings nothing to the table other then the initial burst (if you want that you can as well play LeBlanc or Kassadin).
AD Poppy is a very strong teamfight disruptor and her late game is very strong. Additionally, since you can be as close as you want to your target, autoattacks will deal a lot of damage.

Ideal rune page for Poppy would be something like what Zekent is using AD, MR, Armor. Maybe health regen.

I'd suggest checking out his youtube channel, his name there is TheZekent. He has a lot of examples of Poppy gameplay, as well as some helpful advises.

Additionally, there is a program called UltIn10 by ButButButIly. He interviewes different high elo players and he did an interview with SpamHappy where they discuss a ton of stuff about Poppy. You can look it up on youtube ;) Search for "UltIn10 SpamHappy". If you can't find it, PM me, I'll link it to you :)

Hope I could help ;)
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Majamorra
<Member>
Majamorra's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 8:50pm | Report
Sup!

1. You don't necesary have to see Doublelift's stream, he is a AD carry player so i think he won't use Poppy in a while. But you can still look for Poppy's videos on you tube Clicking Here.

2. Poppy has the same problem like Sion, some player plays them AP about his dmg but them fall off in the late game, Here is the best Poppy guide in the community; it's a AD/Hybrid Poppy it could help you.

3. For runes i recommend use Armor penetration in Quints and marks ( Greater Quint of Desolation, Greater Mark of Desolation). Attack speed Seals ( Greater Seal of Attack Speed) and CDR per level glyphs ( Greater Glyph of Scaling Cooldown Reduction).

4. Poppy is one of the least played character in LoL. You rarely see her in a game, and when she is free she is abused by terrible players. Why should you bother to give her a try? The simple reason is the ridiculous damage that she can put out in late game. Poppy can pull of some of the most extreme tower dives to get that one kill that can make the difference, or can take on 3 enemies at once and somehow come on top. With Poppy, the majority of your games will end in surrenders and you can take out full teams single handedly.

Yes, my new project start it. Feel free to PM me and give me suggestions to be the best blog on MOBAfire!

Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2012 9:34pm | Report
AD poppy is stronger in SR since the passages are wider.
AP poppy is MUCH better in TT since the passages are so small and narrow.

If you play SR, go AD. If you play TT, go AP.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide