Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ranked HELP. No. Really.

Creator: timesource1 February 10, 2012 3:50pm
1 2
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 5:33am | Report
The general LoL community doesn't get much better no matter where you go. You just have to search and find the right people to play with. :)
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
timesource1
<Member>
timesource1's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:51am | Report
T_T dammit T_T

btw i got a good question... if ur team in ur other lane is dying a whole lot... and you can't really get kills bcz the opponent in ur lane is good... how can you still dominate??
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:20am | Report
You pretty much can't. If your team is dying a lot and you can't win your lane it means you aren't good enough to get out of your elo. It's a sign that you need to get better.

If you wanna carry your team you gotta win your lane.
timesource1
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:23am | Report
no i meant u harass ur lane but say 15 mins in the game ur teammates are feeding the upper lane. So there's no point with dominating ur lane/

What happens is i get my lane harassed well AND THEN the champs from other lanes visit. since they're fed, what can i do?? XT_T
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:23am | Report
Dominate by playing with a full pre-made. Solo que is entirely too pitiful of an example of your own skill. I will not play ranked games anymore unless at least the majority of the team are my friends. Don't rely too much on people you don't know.

Yeah, by that point of your allies feeding everybody else, you can't do much of anything. By that point, you can turret hug and will still die. The only real way to stay alive is constantly have wards and constantly go where the enemy is not.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:27am | Report
Then it means you
a) Need to roam early on to other lanes
or
b) snowball your lane.

Either way it all depends on your skill level.

If you're better at the game, you can win your lane and roam / farm more / rape / snowball and win.

The simplest solution is to get better at the game.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:45am | Report
Learning counter-picks really helps a lot with that too (unless you are playing blind pick normals).

Also, finding champions that are really good at snowballing (get 1-3 kills and become overpowered) and playing them a lot.

timesource1
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 1:18pm | Report
I do not have a plm with harassing... the problem i have is while i'm busy harassing during early game (w/c eventually leads to a kill), the other lanes are feeding the other side.

I mean how hard is it to tower hug? so i dominate early game come mid game i don't anymore bcz no matter how many kills i have it doesn't matter if ur opponent is like 2 lvls higher than you bcz they got fed.

And yes i'd love to play with friends when playing lol but apparently that's the major plm. I went to rank bcz i had no good players to play with anymore XD but apparently my idea of rank was wrong. Not everyone there loves their champs :(

the hard part is i'm a ward person... which is why i rarely die. But heck ur wards are useless if u're going to be ganked on all sides while defending ur turret while the rest of ur team farms. wth????

so for ppl who are in high elo, what the hell do you do when this happens?
Snookemz
<Member>
Snookemz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 9:02pm | Report
Your question has already been answered in the first post.

You need to find people online, say through here for example or good players you play with, or join a team, guild, clan or you will be stuck playing with all types and in most occasions it won't matter what Champ you play or what lane you win or don't win your fate will depend on randoms of which many will be clueless.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 10:04am | Report
What server are you on? If you're on EU West, I could hit you up with a few games.

Really, you should find what character you have the highest win-rate with. It should preferably be solo top or mid, as on bot lane your success depends partially on your support. In top or mid, it all depends on who's better, you or your opponent. ( Leaving aside jungler ganks, which aside from Shaco, are easy to get away from in mid even without wards, though harder top ) Depending on which lane you're best on, you should get a duo queue partner who has as near a win-rate on the other lane. This way you can be sure that at least both mid and top are probably both wins.

But that also leaves the chance that bot lane might feed and ruin the game by feeding their AD carry. So the only real solution is to play with full pre-made teams.

You've also got to bare in mind that all the times your team mates have fed the enemy team and caused you to lose has just been plain bad luck. I once went on a really high-loss streak in ranked because of my teams, then in my next ranked match I went as the AD carry and when we entered the game, I realized my latency was around 20k. I couldn't possibly do anything so I had to stay at the summoner platform and let my team get owned 4v5 while I waited for the 20 minute mark to surrender. But that's not what happened. My team was actually doing extremely well. They were actually winning the 4v5. And even though it was about 30 minutes in before my lag cleared away and was able to play, we won the match, all because I'd been paired with team-mates capable of winning a game one player down. It's all luck. Just because you get paired with bad teams now doesn't mean you won't get good team-mates tomorrow. In the long-term your Elo will grow depending on whether you're one of those good team-mates or if you're one of the ones making other people think how unlucky they are. Just don't expect your Elo to be constantly rising just because you're good at the game. You have to wait your turn to get a team good enough to win, which will be more often than not if you're also good at this.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide